We currently have some exciting opportunities for Educational Practitioners to join our school. Using our specialist approach and contributing to a high quality learning environment you will support young people to grow and develop through autism best practice learning, enabling them to lead fulfilling and purposeful lives.
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm term time only. 40 weeks per year
- Salary from £18k- £24k depending on experience and qualification.
- Daily Commute required to Thatcham RG18 9NU
- This role is term time only, but you will have the opportunity to work in our residential areas during holiday
About the role:
Our Autism Practitioners are the key to the progress and achievements of young people at Prior’s Court and we aim to make them feel valued and supported. Our thorough training and induction programme will ensure you have the support, skills and tools you need to deliver quality care for each young person. We will even support you to complete your HABC Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) (RQF) if you are not yet qualified – a statutory requirement for a career in childcare. Many of our staff members become experts in supporting those with autism and are able to progress to more senior roles.
The main purpose of the Autism Practitioner, Education role is to:
- support students in accordance with the School aims and objectives
- provide practical and personal support to students to help them achieve their maximum independence
- assist the teaching staff throughout their day
Who we are looking for:
You will hold a relevant Level 3 Diploma or be willing to undertake a Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools in accordance with the statutory requirements of Ofsted/CQC.
We are looking for people with an interest in or experience of working in an education or care environment, who are passionate about providing a positive learning environment for young people and are ambitious to build a career in care.
If you already have lots of experience as a teaching assistant, support worker, special needs practitioner or carer, you will still have access to ongoing training and a salary to match your relevant experience.
Whatever your experience, we provide access to free ongoing training throughout your career at Prior’s Court and opportunities to progress your career with us.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- A pension scheme with a contribution of 5% of your basic salary by Prior’s Court and 3% or more by you
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Life Insurance
- Access to our Employee Benefits and Discount Platform
- Self-funded Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
About Prior’s Court:
Prior’s Court was set up by Founding Patron Dame Stephanie Shirley, whose vision of a centre of excellence for children with autism became reality with the opening of Prior’s Court School in 1999. We have since grown to support around 90 young people with complex autism aged between 5-25 years.
Since opening, our support team has grown from around 20 to 500 and we have built a reputation as a cutting edge educational, vocational, and residential facility for young people with autism.