Snapshot of Your Day (position overview)
A typical day will include interfacing (via email, Teams, face to face) with your procurement colleagues and project team members from engineering, project management, supplier quality, and logistics as well as with your suppliers to ensure well-managed, organized tendering and execution of projects.
How You’ll Make an Impact (responsibilities)
- Be the main interface within logistics procurement and to your service providers for your assigned procurement scope.
- Develop and implement supply strategies which are aligned with the requirements of Project Entity Procurement principles.
- Evaluate complex problems and provide solutions.
- Commercially evaluate proposals and conduct negotiations; interface with technical colleagues to support discussions/clarifications.
- Contribute to the cost reduction targets related to the direct supply of materials, products, and services.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders (Procurement, Engineering, Project Management, etc.) to support all procurement aspects for successful execution.
- Utilize various digital systems to manage subcontractor information, requests for proposals, purchase order placement, invoice payments, etc.
What You Bring (requirements)
- Minimum 5 years of procurement project related experience.
- Advanced negotiation skills and experience in Project Business field.
- Ability to work in a matrix multi-dimensional and international business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals with differing knowledge levels.
- Team oriented, customer focused, time management skills.
- Digital tool savvy – various internal tools are used to manage daily position responsibilities.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20% of time.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave