Achieve together is one of the UK’s leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs, we have a strong ethos and our commitment to supporting the people and families we work with is at the very heart of what we do.
We are now have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Operative to carry out repairs and maintenance work necessary across our services in Bristol & Bath.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Maintenance Operative for Achieve together you will ensure all maintenance, home improvement and gardening activities within our properties and grounds are attended to promptly and to the highest standards.
- Carry out any repairs and maintenance work efficiently for home that fall within the region of responsibility
- Carry out assessment of work that has been flagged to see if this is necessary and make recommendations of the work that is carried out
- Carry out regular audits of homes within the region of responsibility to assess whether future repairs and maintenance work may be necessary, if feasible carry out remedial work to avoid any large future work that may arise
- Carry out any ad hoc work or projects at the request of the Estates Coordinator
- Proven experience of working in the building trade with a specialism such as plumbing or carpentry
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills
- Ethical and professional behaviour
- Willingness to learn new things and take on new tasks
- Ability to use initiative and work with conflicting deadlines
Why work for us…
We’re committed to the growth of people across our business because working with us is not just about having a job, but the opportunity to grow and flourish within our organisation for years to come.
As well as a competitive salary you will also receive:
- Company Vehicle with Fuel Card
- Trade Card for B&Q, ScrewFix & Travis Perkins
- 33 day holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Access Retail Discounts
- Access to counselling services
- Contributory Pension Plan
- Checks and Clearances paid for by Achieve together
If this sounds like you and you relish the idea to work for a company where you can really make a difference, then we want to hear from you today.
We at Achieve Together treat everyone equally with dignity and respect. We believe in the strength and value of an inclusive and diverse workforce and recognise the positive contribution all employees bring regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
We value the unique talents of every individual and work together to help everyone achieve their full potential by providing equality of opportunity to our team members, welcoming applicants from all backgrounds and communities.