Transformation of Industry
A Snapshot of Your Day
The Field Service Representative (FSR) for Steam Turbines and Generators works in the field, supporting customer sites with maintenance, solving and installation & commissioning. This is a Region North America position that falls under the IST Field Service Manager based in the United States. The Mechanical FSR position is responsible for providing services for industrial steam turbines. A Field Service Representative not only ensures the equipment is installed and working properly, but also handles customer relationships to boost customer retention and happiness, which ultimately boosts the company’s profitability. Job requires > 70% traveling to customers.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Provide maintenance, installation & commissioning services for industrial steam turbines.
- The FSR is responsible for all facets of the scope of work during equipment installation and/or subsequent service inspections/outages.
- Maintain a good communication with the responsible project manager in regard to the project execution and schedule.
- Communicate findings to Siemens Energy technical support team and implement possible contingency services.
- Lead onsite teams (Siemens Energy staff, third party workers and Customer operatives).
- Have the ability to contribute to the overall planning of the project, on and offsite, in conjunction with the key business partners.
- Complete required site visit documentation i.e., reports, modifications etc. Identify, define and implement Field Service standard methodology, responsible for the development and implementation of stellar Field Service standards in all aspects of work.
- Maintain the highest level of a zero-harm culture by following and carrying out all company and customer EHS policies and programs.
What You Bring
- Associates or bachelors in mechanical or power related degree.
- Experience with steam turbines preferred
- Good understanding of mechanical equipment, steam turbines, instrumentation and control systems, PLC’s, and ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Previous experience working in the generation field, rotating equipment and steam turbines preferred.
- Excellent customer focus and communication skills.
- Must hold valid driver’s license and passport. Travel for extended periods of time, mostly domestic but some international may be necessary, as assigned and perform duties on day or night shift. Ability to travel on short notice and work weekends and holidays.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
About the Team
Who is Siemens Energy?
Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the
growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is
protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate
electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our
technology to help protect people and the environment.
global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy
a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year
legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our
focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bitly.ws/ZFwV
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same.
Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined
creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates
character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity,
or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate
based on our differences.
growth and development opportunities
paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time
Off and paid holidays
savings plan with company match