It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
Location(s): Slough (flexible)
About the role
Reporting to the Mobile Access Operations Manager this role is accountable for the operation and technical support of the Mobile Access Radio Network. Providing Operational Support for our 38m consumers.
This role is a critical technical role with significant internal and external stakeholders and responsibility. The role is mainly responsible for Operations and Maintenance, Planning, Design, and Management of the Telefonica 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G radio network within the UK, driving forward solutions to resolve faults, enhance network coverage, performance, and capacity solutions to improve service to Virgin Media O2 Customers
- Maintaining network availability for customers, managing downtime or Customer Lost Hours as efficiently as possible while proactively supporting our customers with their network experience.
- Ensuring Virgin Media O2’s Mobile Access infrastructure and equipment meets the Service Quality expectations of Virgin Media O2’s customers including availability, capacity, throughput and success rates. This includes Radio Access and Management tools
- Providing Technical Support to 1st line Engineers, Field Engineers, and other Operational and engineering teams.
- End-to-end service responsibility for the Mobile Access Radio Network, providing 24/7/365 on call 2nd line support to drive the resolution of live network issues to agreed SLA’s, including engagement of vendor services where required.
- Organise and motivate teams and suppliers to respond to major system problems or incidents, manage effective resolution or temporary expedient and drive through RCA (Root Cause Analysis) investigations.
- Take a lead Operations role in the decision-making process for how elements and services are implemented and maintained. Also provides operational consultancy to help shape the design, testing and the operation of new applications, products, and services.
- Operational vendor management of key operational services and compliance with commercial contracts
- Reviewing HLD’s, LLD’s and Service Design Packs and contributing to support processes, testing, and making design change recommendations where required.
- Providing operational support of the Ericsson and Nokia 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G and Femto radio networks with support of the Ericsson radio network being your primary role.
- Managing the day-to-day relationship between VMO2 Operations and third-party RAN suppliers, chairing case review and software reviews meetings where required
What We Need from You:
- Proven experience in a 1st line O&M team or in a test environment working on RAN infrastructure.
- Technical knowledge – An in depth understanding of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G RAN architecture, networks, signalling, interfaces, and protocols. A thorough understanding of software upgrade procedures and processes,
- Experience of Field Operations, 1st and 2nd line O&M process and procedures.
- Deep understanding of the network connectivity including IP Backhaul, Function of the Security Gateway and be able to problem solve in these areas where necessary.
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email Retailresourcing@o2.com who will be happy to help.