A Snapshot of Your Day
Are you interested in being part of a team that is driving the energy transformation? At Siemens Energy, you can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. We’re looking for passionate engineer to be part of the global Negotiation Engineering team. This individual will provide technical support for bids on Large Gas Turbines (LGT) by defining technical scope, risks, and performance evaluations tied to service programs. This will at times include direct customer contact to help clarify technical points of a service offering.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Lead the engineering bid team during the negotiation of bids for modernizations and upgrades of large gas turbines
- Be the primary contact for technical questions from the sales teams in the bid process for all mods and ups and long term service agreement topics
- Opportunities to support during customer meetings
- Providing technical input/expertise to support active proposal and negotiations through definition of scope, guarantees and risks
- Run detailed performance models to evaluate impact of potential upgrades on LGT’s
- Evaluate and optimize the scope of modifications and service programs bids (LTP) with marketing and the component specialists
- Coordinate evaluation of upgrade impact on overall plant (generator, steam turbine, etc.)
- Communicate within multiple disciplines and consolidate input from specialists and experts
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering with more than 3 years of professional experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to work with a global / diverse team to deliver the best results and drive change in the business
- Project management skills and customer orientation
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Operational mindset with a hands-on mentality
- Experience in LGT thermal performance evaluations especially with detailed heat balance analysis is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and professional proficiency in English and German
About the Team
Our Gas Services division offers low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.