It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
About the role
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to gain insight into the organisation structure and cost base of the Mobile and Business functions.
The successful applicant will also be a key stakeholder for several HQ Directorates, supporting them in understanding their cost base.
The main remit of the role will be to prepare the accounting entries and monthly overheads reporting for these areas becoming the go-to Accounting Team expert.
With real responsibility for the integrity of our accounts as well as associated process and controls, this role offers a fantastic chance to have a real impact on the Telefonica UK business.
- To own the delivery of the monthly actuals and provide insightful variance commentary to budget/forecast and to previous periods.
- Every month-end prepare and post accounting journals relating to Overheads into the Oracle Financials.
- Payroll and non-payroll cost analysis for the Mobile and Business Teams, the relevant HQ functions, and the associated management reporting for these areas.
- Review and challenge the integrity of data and reporting to ensure the integrity of our accounts.
- Monitor and review Purchase Orders, particularly for relevant HQ functions, working with business owners to understand when/how to change/close POs and the impact of receipting.
- Prepare and develop a thorough understanding of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Be responsible for maintaining compliance to required Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls particularly on Commissions accruals.
- Preparation of monthly compliance report.
- Support the drive to standardise processes and drive change across the Overheads Team to realise synergies and drive efficiencies/ transform month end activities.
- To support the Finance Manager and/or wider Cost Accounting team on ad hoc projects where necessary.
What We Need from You:
- Part Qualified, Finalist or Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Month End
- Good understanding of double entry, journals, and reconciliations.
- Financial Accounting Rigour
- Knowledge of Telefónica UK’s systems in particular Oracle, MicroStrategy, Blackline & SAP
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Applications particularly Excel (including pivot tables)
- Strong analytical review skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet challenging deadlines
- Collaborative and inquisitive nature
- Problem solving skills
- Creative and “can do” attitude
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of management
- Proactive approach to identifying and implementing process improvements
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.