Transformation of Industry
A Snapshot of Your Day
In your role as Performance Engineer (f/m/d) Turbocompressors – Aero/Thermodynamics you will experience a varied working day. You will be responsible for the thermodynamic design of turbo compressors within the order processing department. In close exchange with experts from various specialist areas, such as rotor dynamics and control engineering, your work will remain exciting, as each machine is tailored to the customer. Your team works internationally, so a daily exchange is important to keep the quality high. In the afternoon, another meeting with colleagues from the development department is on the agenda. Creativity and initiative are required here. Together, you work on new machine concepts and help to further optimize existing flow-conducting components. It is important to be flexible because troubleshooting cannot be planned and requires the utmost care in processing and analyzing machine performance data.
With us, the energy turnaround is being driven forward. Turbo compressor solutions make an immense contribution to decarbonization.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Calculation and optimization of machine performance for gearboxes and single-shaft radial compressors
- Preparation of technical documentation according to customer contract and project requirements
- Technical project processing in direct exchange with the customer
- Support during commissioning and troubleshooting
- Support for sales and development
- Expert role in the evaluation of performance-relevant topics
- Global coordinated teamwork in constant exchange
What You Bring
- A Master’s degree in mechanical engineering with a specialization in turbomachinery / power engineering / aerospace engineering or a related discipline
- Several years of professional experience in the field of turbomachinery with a focus on applied thermodynamics and performance calculation, as well as familiarity with standards and regulations for turbocompressors is desirable but not mandatory
- Ideally, technical experience in testing and commissioning of turbomachinery
- Solid knowledge in the field of prime movers (gas turbines / steam turbines / electric motors)
- Knowledge in technical quality assurance, as well as cost and risk awareness
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills on a global level
- Fluent German and English, as well as profound MS-Office skills
About the Team
Our Transformation of Industry division is decarbonizing the industrial sector. Increasing electrification and efficiency are key and demand for green H2 and derivative fuels will rise. We enable decarbonization of the industrial sector and the transition to sustainable processes, building on a strong industrial customer base, a global network, diverse technologies, and integrated execution capabilities.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.