A Snapshot of Your Day
Omnivise Asset Management (OAM) is Siemens Energy’s integrated software suite to support customers in digitizing and automating their business processes. As one of the four modules Asset Diagnostics (OAM-AD) provides continuous insights into assets’ condition and early signs of potential failures. It integrates different data sources and monitoring functions to point to early signs of assets failure.
As engineer for OAM Asset Diagnostics, you are responsible for activities during proposal phase, order execution, commissioning, and product hand-over to the customer. You communicate with bid management, customers, specialist departments and plant commissioning team.
Depending on the project scope you are responsible for connection to the data sources and setup of various monitoring methods such as rules, anomaly detection, image analytics or vibration diagnostics. Due to various deployment options of OAM-AD business trips for commissioning and customer training may occur.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Evaluation of contractual documents with respect to scope, time and costs as well as setup of project execution schedules
- Customer communication to identify and map their operation and maintenance structures and processes to the Asset Management System
- Setup of the configuration for the Asset Management System and conducting factory acceptance tests (FAT), if required
- Evaluation of engineering documents, e. g. signal lists, spare part lists, network diagrams
- Commissioning of the system on the applicable hardware server on premise or the customers cloud environment as well as conducting site acceptances tests (SAT), if required
- Quality check of the installation and the installation’s environment
- Preparation of customer documentation and training of the customer
What You Bring
- more than 3 years of experience in the power plant business
- knowledge of power plants and their components, water-steam cycle
- basic programming skills in Python, C++, PHP, or another advanced programming language
- knowledge of Machine Learning and Data Mining, mathematical algorithms for diagnosis and optimization
- trouble shooting skills and basic project management skills
- speaking English fluently is required, German is appreciated
- High resilience, flexibility, enjoy familiarizing with new products and processes
- Willingness to travel (10-20%)
About the Team
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and
decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof,
steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings,
modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pv
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Under our motto #BetterTogether, we offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely. But also our offices leave nothing to be desired and offer space for direct collaboration and creativity
- In order to develop professionally or personally, we provide you with various portals to participate in wide-ranging programs and courses
- Work in a cohesive, friendly community – families work here too
- Modern and international environment
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Regular corporate events supporting your health and wellbeing: free health weeks in spring and autumn, community activities, team buildings, family events, and social initiatives
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.