Are you looking for ready for a new adventure in Social Care? Are you currently a Support Worker, Team Leader or Senior? You’ll be making a world of difference when you join us as a Practice Lead at Achieve together.
Charmandean Road is a 24-hour, residential service supporting adults aged 18+ with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), physical disabilities, sensory impairments, complex health needs and/or epilepsy. Charmandean Road has eight fully adapted bedrooms split over two floors. There is a communal living room, dining room, fully equipped kitchen and a large private garden. The service also has an adapted minibus for day trips.
Job Title Practice Lead
Location Charmandean Road – Worthing – West Sussex – BN14 9LB
Hours 37.5 hours a week and the shifts are 07:00 to 21:00 over Monday to Sunday including working every other weekend.
Salary £19,500 – £19,695
Your new job: Our Senior Support Workers are known as Practice Lead internally reflecting the level of guidance and support you will give to your team members. You will be working as part of a friendly team, supporting vulnerable adults with a range of physical, mental and learning disabilities. You will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life, assisting people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
- Support people in achieving their goals and ambitions
- Lead shifts and assist with coaching and inducting of new staff to the service.
- Make a positive contribution to the lives of others
- Follow Health and Safety Guidelines & Procedures – Keeping yourself and others safe
- Write daily reports on activities, devise and update care plans and undertake risk assessments for the people we support
Why not head over to our website and read some of the fantastic success stories shared by people we support
What you can expect?
- Competitive pay rates with increments aligned to level of experience
- Fantastic development and progression opportunities [75% of our promotions are internal]
- A comprehensive induction programme to support you in your early days
- Ongoing award-winning learning and development programmes
- Excellent Recognition schemes
- Flexible working arrangements
Your Experience: Senior Support Workers come from many different employment backgrounds and experiences. You should have sector-based experience supporting adults with learning disabilities and be qualified up to NVQ/Diploma L2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or have completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship programme. We employ our Team Members based on their values.
Does this sound like the role for you? Change your journey in Social Care with us today by applying NOW!
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.