Are you looking for ready for a new adventure in Social Care? Are you currently a Support Worker or Senior Support Worker? You’ll be making a world of difference when you join us as a Practice Lead at Alderwood – A Real Living Wage Employer and part of the Achieve together group
Alderwood LLA are recruiting a Practice Lead at our services in Spinneyhill. A large, detached 5 bed property located in Northampton. This residential home provides a warm and friendly home to adults and children with Autism Spectrum Conditions & behaviours that may challenge.
Location: Spinneyhill , NN3
Permanent: Full Time
Salary: £10.80 -£11.20 per hour DOE
Additional Information: This is shift based work made up of Early Shifts and Late Shifts with alternating weekends. This role will involve some on call duties .
Ability to drive is preferred but not essential. NVQ/QCF Level 2 Qualification (or working towards) is preferred. This role is known internally as Practice Lead and is similar to Team Leader/Senior Support Workers within most social care organisations.
Your new job:
Alderwood LLA (part of Achieve together) predominately specialises in providing specialised care and support for individuals with a diagnosis of Autism, behaviour difficulties that challenge and are most often considered to have complex needs. We firmly believe that all individuals have the ability to learn and develop, helping them to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
You will be leading a friendly team of Support Workers, supporting vulnerable adults with complex levels of Autism. As a Shift Leader you will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life. You will assist people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
This may include:
- Completing and maintaining detailed records, reports and notes
- Cleaning, cooking and shopping
- Planning and engaging in activities such as trips out, long walks, bowling, pedalo, meals out, garden centres, football plus much more as well getting involved with the Alderwood LLA Farm Project and Dog Team.
- Administering and recording medication
- Complying with health and safety requirements
- Ensuring that the Shift runs smoothly with effective allocations
Why not head over to our website and read further information on what it is like to work with Alderwood LLA & Achieve together https://www.alderwoodlla.co.uk/what-we-do/
Your rewards include:
- Competitive pay rates with increments aligned to level of experience
- Fantastic development and progression opportunities [75% of our promotions are internal]
- A comprehensive induction programme to support you in your early days
- Ongoing award-winning learning and development programmes
- Excellent Recognition schemes
- Flexible working arrangements
Or maybe it’s receiving the biggest smile from the person you support when they achieve a goal they never thought possible, and a heartfelt letter of thanks from their loved ones!
Does this sound like the career for you? If so, apply now and start your journey with us.
Want to know more?
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.