It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
Role Type – Permanent
Location – Slough / Flexible
About the Team
This role reports to the role Lead Pricing Manager – Consumer, within the Consumer Planning, Pricing and Performance team in the mobile division of VMO2. The Commercial team for mobile is responsible for leading the UK mobile Consumer P&L, with accountability for all Consumer mobile pricing, promotion and commercial activities to deliver the key P&L physical volumes and financial targets.
About the Role
The Pricing Manager role is key in supporting the Commercial team for mobile with pricing expertise, analysis, and insight. Working across the Commercial team, this role is primarily accountable for day-to-day trading pricing activity across key company products including handsets, SIM only and tablets. The role is also responsible for supporting the development of pricing strategy, competitor pricing analysis and pricing models.
- Lead the development of recommendations to support achievement of near-term P&L objectives, supporting the commercial teams, supporting consumer customer marketing team with pricing expertise across acquisition, retention and in life initiatives to optimise P&L value
- Lead on projects driving forward the pricing team’s capability, including identifying opportunities to use data more effectively to inform pricing decisions and finding ways to improve the efficiency of the team, including working with other areas of the business to improve analysis, reporting and data provision.
- Collaborate on ongoing pricing analysis and recommendations for future tariff builds to ensure flexibility and optionality and future commercial success.
- Take responsibility for the end to end pricing process and controls for their category/group of products; ensuring accurate and timely execution of all price changes, including delivery into trading channels and responding to external audit requests if required
- Identify opportunities to improve pricing execution processes and systems, and lead on projects to develop these.
- Support annual and quarterly budgeting and planning, the transformation programme and contribute to new initiatives with pricing expertise.
Key Skills/ Experience
- Strong commerciality
- Pricing experience highly desirable, but not essential
- Highly numerate with acute attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to work with large data sets and ability to derive key insights and trends
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Ability to think strategically and make pricing recommendations that balance competitive context with short and long-term commercial impact (revenue, profit and volumes)
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills, willing to go above and beyond for the team
- Ability to distil & clearly communicate complex information
- Strategic projects experience desirable
- SQL/Python/Database Skills are highly desirable but not essential
Grade – PCGU
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.