EVP Global Functions
In this role you’ll be required to Lead a team to deliver the Primary engineering design adhering to the process and the Business strategy
Let’s talk about you
- Typically, 5 years of design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry out of which at least 3 years in the UK as a design engineer.
- You should have a Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Good knowledge of layout and Primary Equipment for substations projects
- Fully conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies.
- Fully conversant with Health & Safety standards (including CDM regulations) applicable to the design of High Voltage substations.
- Good standard of IT literacy – especially Word and Excel.
- Conversant of checking the primary design on 3D models
- What are my responsibilities?
- To work with the team lead to deliver the Primary engineering design adhereing to the process and the Business strategy.
- To Prepare technical specifications, design the layouts, civil guide drawings, loading calculations etc.
- Reviewing suppliers offers
- Responsible for ensuring design risk assessments/HAZID’s are in place for all design solutions and residual risks are passed on to the H&S file.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills, ownership and accountability are pivotal for this role. Makes a positive contribution to the team.
- Accountable for handling their own time and budgets to be productive in the workplace.
Let’s talk about us
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Here at Siemens Energy we drive innovation, develop new technologies, apply ground breaking technologies that will set new standards in terms of efficiency, reliability and sustainability.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fuelled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary, annual bonus, and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.