Job grade: PCGT
Location(s): Flexible with travel to Leeds or Slough as required
Closing Date: 01/10
It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve. We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you. Come join us
About the role?
The Principal Enterprise Architect is responsible for working with business stakeholders and external partners / consultancies to develop the strategic architecture capability, helping Telefonica UK to realise business outcomes and adopting digital standards into its architectural landscape.
The key focus of this position is B2B, Enterprise, IOT and Digital across all technology and internal resource delivery units.
- Be responsible for defining, publishing and communicating architecture principles and business roadmaps for area of business responsibility.
- Own a selection of business capabilities and influence the shape and direction of the business capability model.
- Protects the value of the IT strategy and its underpinning of the business strategy.
- Along with your EA peers, run Architecture Review Boards to:
- Provide direction and decide on dispensations received.
- Architecture contract creation.
- Agree and publish new principles.
- Managing architectural debt.
- Review changes to the IT strategy.
- Be responsible for identifying and managing relevant stakeholders and external partners, working with them proactively to solve problems, lead and drive business outcomes through an awareness of commercial goals within the context of IT. Be responsible for communicating and actively seeking feedback on the architecture roadmaps and plans. Key stakeholders to include: COO, IT CIO, Portfolio CIO, Director of Business, Director of Products, Director of Networks.
- Deliver artefacts and supporting documentation
- Be responsible for the production of architecture artefacts such as; architecture contracts, Line of Business roadmaps and architecture principles.
- Maintain business driver’s vs benefits view for business area.
- Shape and Influence Grow / Transform Vision Cards through outcome statements.
- Create and maintain architecture artefact templates.
- Identify for when architecture contracts are required on projects and ensure that they are created.
- Provide Architecture Governance at RADAR and IGF / DPF forums.
- Be responsible for ensuring the outcome of the business planning process aligns to the overall business outcome statements and the IT strategy.
- Communicating investment vs risk options and the different choices the business can make.
- Create White Papers for new technology and how it can be applied to the business area.
- Attend and Present at industry events.
Capability Life Cycle Management;
- Contribute to the business case for architectural change based on identifying opportunities to improve or simplify architecture in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Own and maintain all the data around capabilities and mapping to technology.
- Work with business stakeholders to produce business outcome statements to shape and influence IT demand.
- Optimising the Telefonica planning process with regards to sequencing of project delivery by influencing roadmaps and investment
- Working with Solution Architects, provide initial architecture steer on projects and new initiatives.
- Support RFI and RFP processes for new application component assessments, in collaboration with stakeholders (and/or suppliers).
- Ensure re-use of existing capabilities is maximised and bespoke development is minimised.
- Identify opportunities for innovation across the enterprise.
- Drive innovation ideas into POCs for evaluation- securing stakeholder support and funding.
- Attend relevant industry forums to stay abreast with wider industry developments and key business drivers.
- Leverage expert insights such as Gartner to reinforce recommendations.
- Awareness of potential new capabilities to appropriate stakeholders.
What we need from you:
- Experience with applying proven delivery methodologies (TOGAF Certified)
- Proven experience in at least 2 IT disciplines.
- Level of stakeholder communications & engagement at SLT
- Influencing business & operations at SLT
- Deep understanding of at least 2 domains and good understanding of all domains and business context
- Demonstrate driving the evolution of maturity of EA capability
- Maintain a good understanding of assigned capability areas.
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list. We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position.
We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits. Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it. Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places. If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.