Transformation of Industry
A Snapshot of Your Day
As a Product Design Engineer (f/m/d), you are responsible for components of the core turbine and collaborate within the team with direct colleagues or project management, as well as adjacent specialized departments. During this process, you identify and define new or enhance existing design approaches that set the industry and fluid turbine standards. The main focus lies on casting and welding assemblies. The resulting 3D models and derived manufacturing documents are documented according to internal guidelines. You present the achieved results to internal clients. Additionally, you utilize your expertise to support and evaluate inquiries and orders.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Design according to relevant internal guidelines as well as internationally applicable standards and regulations
- Definition of the current and future standard for industrial steam and fluid turbines in an international framework
- Ensuring the functionality of the turbine components
- Development of project-specific solutions to ensure the interaction of the individual turbine components within their specific properties and limits
- Support of the R&D project management in the field of construction
- Review of internal policies and presentation of results to internal clients
- Clarification of breakdowns and support in evaluating construction deviations
What You Bring
- Successfully completed university degree in mechanical engineering
- Professional experience in the design of turbine components
- Very good knowledge of the CAD systems NX and AutoCAD as well as systems such as SAP, Teamcenter and MS Office
- You are flexible and ready to work together internationally
- Team and communication skills as well as creativity
- Fluent German and English skills
About the Team
Our Transformation of Industry division is decarbonizing the industrial sector. Increasing electrification and efficiency are key and demand for green H2 and derivative fuels will rise. We enable decarbonization of the industrial sector and the transition to sustainable processes, building on a strong industrial customer base, a global network, diverse technologies, and integrated execution capabilities.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programs and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.