It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
Job grade: PCGU/ VM Level 5
Location(s): Slough/ Remote
Closing Date: 8th December
About the Team
The Product and Partner Team is a commercially orientated product management team responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan for the Business Portfolio spanning Devices, Connectivity, Communications, Applications. This role will report into the SMB Product Lead within the Products and Partners SMB Team and is an exciting opportunity to shape the 3-year plan and roadmap of the SMB.
About the role
As a product manager you will be obsessed with building a differentiated customer-led proposition, experience and communicating that positioning into the market place and internal sales team.
You will be accountable for defining the market requirements, critical success factors and customer experience essential to win in the marketplace for your portfolio and in life management of your propositions and products through the product lifecycle.
Accountable for a range of products/propositions across the SMB mobile portfolio. This includes:
- Building and shaping a differentiated product proposition, experience and positioning in the B2B market place based on customer needs.
- Responsible for defining the market and products requirements and critical success factors essential to improve portfolio and launch new products.
- Product commercial performance and activities to improve profitability
- In life product operational performance and efficiency programmes for you product(s)
- Work closely with our sales, marketing and finance functions across the business to support the product launch or enhancement
- Providing subject matter expertise and insight into in to competitor activities, industry trends, key forces and ultimately the customer voice and needs impacting the portfolio
- Interface with vendors/IT/Transformation team to ensure product and associated projects are supported
What We Need from You:
- Experience in building differentiated customer value propositions and product value proposition.
- Evidence of working with the “customer at the heart” of all business decision making
- An outstanding communicator with the ability to gain cross business buy in at a senior level
- Strong commercial acumen with experience in building business cases with quantified benefits and the ability to provide a well-articulated view of the opportunities and risks.
- Experience in managing a large group of stakeholder in a corporate environment across strategic, sales, marketing and operational teams.
- Experience in working in agile / scrum environment would be a plus
- Can interpret complex technology issues into business and customer impacts for appropriate decision making.
- Confident and experienced in working effectively with sales, IT, technology and third part vendors
- Emotionally intelligent, resilient and energetic with proven ability to perform effectively in a pressured environment.
- Able to cope with ambiguity and able to meet/ exceed demanding targets.
- Team leadership experience in matrix environment.
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.