A Snapshot of your day
Are you an accomplished hands-on leader? Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity? The Siemens Energy repair manufacturing facility in Rural Hall, NC is seeking an individual who will lead and direct an hourly workforce with responsibility for safety, quality, on-time delivery, and cost targets. Primary responsibilities include driving a safety and quality culture, commensurate with the mission and vision of the plant. This is a high-visibility role with demanding targets. You will report to the BPL Production Manager based at the Winston Service Center and work 1st shift, Monday – Friday.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Drive safety culture by actively engaging with the shop floor operations and ensuring quality throughout the process on a consistent basis.
- Drive continuous improvement and be a champion of change.
- Mentor and drive accountability of direct reports.
- Maintain a culture of respect within the group.
- Collaborate with peers to achieve overall plant targets.
- Maintain a sense of urgency to meet customer delivery dates.
- Maintain GEMBA boards which will showcase plant metrics.
What you bring:
- A bachelor’s or an associate degree with 3 or more years of experience OR vocationally trained with 10 or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of Supervisory experience.
- Ability to use excellent verbal and written English skills in a dynamic environment.
- Engage with multi-functional teams in an operations and engineering environment.
- Prior experience of leading skilled hourly work force
- Ability to work and lead in a diverse environment is desired.
- Critical skills related to conflict resolution.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- A four-year degree in business or engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of Dayforce and SAP
- Knowledge and experience in Gas Turbine Component Repair
- Knowledge and experience of Machining applications
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite is helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl; talk and hear. Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires frequent computer and phone work.
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Check out this video to learn more about our Gas Service business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html
Check out this video to learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture and a healthy work- life balance
- Flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible benefits and savings programs
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell vacation.
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives.
- Diversity and inclusivity