What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similarly related Engineering discipline
- Minimum 8+years’ experience with Rotating equipment sales and/or capital project business development experience
- Willing to travel up to 50% Domestically in a defined regional sales territory (some International travel may occasionally be required)
- Strategically oriented with a detailed knowledge of products, services and markets of turbo compressors with a strong understanding of compressor performance & application principles
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and across organizational and international boundaries
- Self-motivated with high energy drive and business sense
- Experience with Siemens Energy’s Centrifugal compressor models is preferable
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Lead the overall sales development process for large, complex Mods & Ups Projects – Responsible for Opportunity discovery & qualification; strategy setting & development; identifying and influencing key decision makers; and successfully navigating complex internal & external selling environments.
- Exercise solid business acumen to develop and articulate a winning value proposition while maintaining company growth and profit guidelines.
- Responsible for Forecasting all M&U business in assigned selling accounts – Salesforce funnel, and accuracy / quality of forecasts.
- Practice a “Clean Handover” to the commercial and executing teams for every new project. Responsibilities include final Purchase Order review and capture; and leading/participating in all internal and external kickoff meetings.
- Develop and nurture client relationships and continually create new ones by active onsite visits and engagement sessions. Capture and share customer intelligence within SE
- Meet SE sales, booking and earning objectives while representing the customer requirements
- Manage expense governance within SE corporate guidelines.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- On the job experience – working with several groups in a Client Facing role to sell M&U projects
- Ability to develop technical sales skills that provides SE management exposure to your successes and accomplishments
- Ability to network with regional and product line teams during project development process
- Exposure to obtain coaching and mentorship from experience sales peers leading to an open feedback culture
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Check out this video to learn more about our Gas Service business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy?
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave