EVP Global Functions
A Snapshot of Your Day
Your day starts with a check-in among your colleagues to share experiences from projects and discuss new technical approaches. Subsequently, you set your work agenda and prepare for the upcoming technical customer negotiations in the afternoon regarding new High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) offshore wind farm connections in the North Sea. You discuss construction-related topics and concepts with your interdisciplinary project team and explain the technical implementation based on customer requirements. The afternoon kicks off with a client meeting to present solutions. After the client discussion, you have a status meeting with your construction management team and the contracting companies to align the construction schedule and interfaces with other contractors.
As a Project Engineer in Construction, you are an integral part of the project team working to successfully conclude Siemens Energy’s “Transformation of Energy” projects. These encompass international Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) projects for High Voltage Alternate / Direct Current (HVAC and HVDC) projects, Gas and Steam Power Plants (GuDs), Hydrogen projects (H2), and hybrid solutions.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You shape the future of Siemens Energy through technical interactions within your project with external partners (clients, engineering firms, authorities, construction companies, etc.) as well as with internal partners (building technology, project management, procurement, etc.)
- You create tender documents for construction and engineering services and lead the technical procurement negotiations up to contract closure
- You coordinate the entire construction planning and ensure that customer and technical requirements are considered
- You coordinate and lead all execution companies involved in the construction
- You monitor and take responsibility for the schedules, costs, and quality of the entire construction process
What You Bring
- University or technical college degree in Civil Engineering, ideally with completed semesters or internships abroad
- Several years of relevant professional experience in industrial and plant construction. Applications from candidates with initial work experience are also welcome
- Strong expertise in all areas of civil engineering and proficiency in MS Office tools, ideally iTwo
- Fluent negotiation skills in German and English, and ideally proficiency in additional languages (French, Italian, Spanish)
- Team spirit, assertiveness, initiative, communication skills, as well as planning and organizational skills
- Willingness to undertake global business trips
About the Team
Our Transmission Division offers customers a broad portfolio of products, systems, solutions, and services geared around the key market trends of digitalization, decarbonization, grid stability and electrification. With expertise, passion and commitment, we are working to transmit energy in the most efficient and environmentally friendly way possible.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.