Transformation of Industry
A Snapshot of Your Day
The project engineer will support Bid Management in the internal kickoff meetings where they will be assigned the scope of work for proposal support assigned to them. You will review client specifications and provide comments and exceptions. You will also create the Client Document List and any documentation cost adders as well as create the Inspection and Test Plan along with the associated cost of quality. The project engineer will create the Utility List based on feedback from other teams assigned to the project and based on project need, may also be required to configure and quote a vent gas recovery system for recompression.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Review and comment on technical specifications, document lists, and approved vendor lists received from clients for rotating equipment proposals.
- Develop project specific engineering documentation such as Inspection and Test Plans, Utility Lists, Client Document Lists.
- Develop engineering cost estimates for proposals considering all relevant collaborators, such as Customer Order Engineering, Product Line Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing, and Procurement
- Determine any special requirements for Winterization/Tropicalization
- Determine any special tagging requirements
- Develop proposals for Vent Gas Recovery Systems.
- Work and coordinate design configurations across multiple engineering platforms and locations and deliver a unified engineering solution for a project.
- Innovate, creatively apply lessons learned, and implement cost-effective solutions for proposal support, requirements management, and order-handover, that prevent non-conformances during Project Execution
- Support measures that yield year-on-year Engineering cost-productivity benefits in both Proposal and Project Execution phases
What You Bring
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering field
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Rotating Equipment for Oil & Gas and other Process Industry applications, through roles in Proposals, Customer Order Engineering, Product Line Engineering, or Manufacturing. Those with more experience may be considered for a more senior level.
- Engineering hour estimation and cost out experience
- Experience in responding to technical queries in face-to-face meetings with customers, quality inspection and test plans, mechanical and electrical utility requirements, and winterization
- Experience with Industry Standards, such as API, JIP, etc.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
About the Team
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Transformation of Industry
Our Transformation of Industry division is decarbonizing the industrial sector. Increasing electrification and efficiency are key and demand for green H2 and derivative fuels will rise. We enable decarbonization of the industrial sector and the transition to sustainable processes, building on a strong industrial customer base, a global network, diverse technologies, and integrated execution capabilities.
Check this video to learn more about our Transformation of Industry business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/industrial-applications.html
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Parental leave
This job [may be] based in Olean, New York. Siemens Energy offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatenergy.com/thinking-of-joining.html.The base salary range for this position in Olean, New York is $75,000 – $115,000.
Specific offers are determined by various factors, such as experience, skills, certifications, and other business needs. Employees typically do not start at the top of the range, though compensation depends on each individual’s qualifications.