A Snap Shot of your Day:
How You’ll Make an Impact
This Project Manager
position is responsible for directing cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of Control Systems
for the Power Generation Industry. These complex projects include design, manufacturing, testing, installation, and commissioning.
Products include Distributed Control Systems, PLCs, and Excitation (SEE/SFC) systems. Equipment to be controlled includes Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, HRSGs, and Generators.
The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Project Execution and will have responsibility for the profit/loss, schedule performance, and customer satisfaction of the projects assigned.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and complete projects according to deadlines and within budget.
- Define and track scope, schedule, budgets, risks and deliverables
- Delegate tasks, and effectively communicate and manage expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Develop progress reports to internal/external stakeholders; Report project financial status regularly to senior management.
- Assist with proposals. Generate change order requests.
- Select and procure the services of Electrical Contractors for installation of equipment.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s of Science degree
- 5 +years of successful Project Management experience with complex control/electrical systems projects
- Experience managing electrical contractors.
- Experience managing project engineering teams.
- Strong financial, budget tracking, controlling, leadership written communication, and presentation skills.
- Travel required: 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of DCS systems (T3000, PCS7).
- Basic knowledge of SES (Static Excitation Systems) such as Siemens Thyripol or WDR.
- Experience with Clarizen OnePM, and/or SAP is a plus.
- Technical/Commercial knowledge of Combined Cycle Power Plants (CCPP) is a plus.
- Electric utility experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with German and/or Spanish languages
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Check out this video to learn more about our Gas Service business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy?
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave