Transformation of Industry
Siemens Energy is recruiting a Project Manager (PM) for the Modernizations and Upgrades (Mods & Ups) team. As a Project Manager, the ideal candidate will have experience in the engineering, project management or services side of the business with experience in Oil and Gas or Power Generation industry. The role will be a high-profile role within the organization supporting global customers. The successful candidate will be the focal point which will require a high level of interaction and communication with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure a successful project delivery. The Project Manager shall ensure that the cost and margins on projects are met, that risks and opportunities during the execution phase are optimized, and that the financial reporting of projects complies with Siemens Energy Financial Reporting. The Project Manager will present and support project and financials reviews on a monthly basis.
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a $1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers’ first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
Manage global projects (abilities up to B-category) throughout the project life cycle; which includes agreeing targets and work packages with project staff and delegate defined work packages, provide technical solution, integration of all systems, execution of site activities, managing acceptance tests and final project handover.
• Ensure compliance to standards, rules and regulations. Set necessary measures to ensure zero harm policy in environment, health and safety, set up framework to regularly check compliance of in projects and with subcontractors.
• Responsible for the project team. Guide, support, motivate and developed team members to achieve project / organization goals.
• Responsible for executing projects effectively to meet financial and commercial aspects for Mods & Ups projects utilizing PE@SE methodologies
• Develops and guides project solution plans for projects or programs. Implements technical projects or programs.
• Guides the project/program management role (definition of schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation management) for projects or programs.
• Guides continuous improvement plans and project/program expansion opportunities.
• Ensure correct assignment and monitoring of cost.
• Prepare commercial information for regular project reporting/project status discussions/milestone reviews (deadlines, costs, quality, cash collection).
• Support preparing budgets and forecast for projects (e.g. Order Entry, Revenue, Gross Margin).
• Identifying and financially assessing opportunities and risks, defining suitable measures for reducing risks or realizing opportunities and taking precautions for remaining risks.
• Performance controlling, forecasting and planning, commercial PM, risk management, accounting, compliance
• Ability to analyze information and provide reports and feedback to project team members and management.
• Strong Ability to communicate / work with international teams across different countries and cultures.
• Ability to identify risks and issues early that affect margin and schedule. Resolves issues and escalates as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Equivalent from a reputed Institute with experience as Project Manager/Leader in category Small, C, B, or equivalent position demonstrating management of a project or team
• 10+ years experience in supporting the management of projects, preferably in Gas Turbines
• Experience of working in SAP and Excel
• Able to present information in a clear manner to the project team and management
• Strong influencing skills required to drive organizational and behavioral
• Knowledge in related disciplines such as Risk Management and System Engineering
• Experience in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment
• This position will require domestic and/or international travel up to 25% of their time
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Prior experience within the Siemens Services M&U business or equivalent
• Industry recognized Project Management certifications such as PMI PMP, IPMA
• Knowledge of PE@SE