A Snapshot of Your Day
As Regional Commodity Manager for Americas you are working within a day across all lifecycle stages of commercial opportunities. By analyzing spend and contract data, you identify commercial opportunities to drive Siemens Energy forward. With your creative und pragmatic ideas you can develop plans to exploit these commercial opportunities. Your collaborative way-of-working while developing these plans with cross-functional experts makes you a valued member of our team. Furthermore, you have the ability to negotiate your plans with suppliers and get your targets through. Additionally, you have a good feeling for business and stakeholder needs to satisfy their demands.
How You’ll Make an Impact
• Supporting commodity strategy development with local inputs such as analysis of customer needs, local supplier market, spend analysis
• Adopting and implementing global commodity strategy to local needs and requirements
• Developing local solutions for local adhoc issues and where global standards do not apply
• Managing suppliers at regional / country level
• Negotiating favorable contract & commercial terms and conditions
• Managing efficiently the procurement processes (e.g., demand planning, conducting market analyses, invitations to RfX, supplier scouting/selection/developing, negotiating & awarding)
• Monitoring of existing/new frame agreements for revealing commercial opportunities
• Collaborating with cross-functional colleagues (operations, finance, Cyber Security, infosec, etc.) to ensure all category sourcing activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities and build strong relationship with key stakeholders to ensure alignment procurement objectives and business needs
• Aligning on sourcing activities with the Procurement Third Party Service Provider
What You Bring
• Master’s degree in business administration, engineering, law or equivalent
• >6 years procurement management expertise as a category/commodity manager
• Excessive experience with developing commodity strategies and contracting within a large corporate environment
• Strong experience in indirect material commodity management, covering the areas of
o Service and Goods
o Horizontal IT
• Outstanding analytical and commercial skills, combined with a pragmatic approach
• Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
• Good portion of self-confidence, strong communication skills and social aptitude
• Feeling for the “right tone” for communicating across all levels of organization
• Sufficient contract and legal knowledge
• Fluent in English written and spoken. Portuguese written and spoken is a plus
About the Team
In our Business Functions we enable our organization to reach their targets by providing best-in class services and solutions in the areas of IT, HR, Finance, Real Estate, Strategy & Technology and more.
Check out this video to learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
• Working with a global team
• Opportunities to work on and lead a variety of innovative projects
• Possibility to take over further tasks within the company
• Supportive work culture
• Hybrid work model
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.