A Snapshot of Your Day
As a Research Engineer at Siemens Energy, you analyze and optimize modulation algorithms for power converters of the future to enable the energy transition. You abstract the core challenges, as well as hardware and software limits for modulation and define, together with a team of experts, the new steps to be investigated, implemented, tested and solved within R&D and customer projects.
You design solutions for these challenges, and you can outline alternatives and design them in the form of efficient DSP/SOC/FPGA programming.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Analyze non-PWM-based modulation concepts of self-guided multilevel converters and understand interaction for control and design of the converter
- Work on algorithms to improve the performance and hardware utilization of power converters
- Develop novel modulation algorithms for controlling the modular multilevel converter
- Create models of e.g. modulators for self- guided multilevel converter systems in HVDC (high-voltage direct current transmission), including interaction with controller design, test design as well as performing studies and documenting the results
- Understand the need for a modularized model architecture for flexible and agile development of modulation and control systems for VSC converters, as well as the use of automatic code generation to achieve high development speed
- Expand and design an automated test framework for easy and fast functional testing of functions and modules
- Provide technical support to internal business partners (engineering, product managers, sales, etc.)
What You Bring
- Successfully completed university degree in Electrical Engineering or Information Technology (with a study duration of more than 4 years) and relevant professional experience in the field of converter technology
- Knowledge in model and software engineering with Matlab/Simulink
- Strong knowledge in automatic code generation with Matlab/Simulink for target systems (DSP/SOC/FPGA) as well as in the field of extensive simulations
- Basic knowledge in the field of power electronics or energy technology
- Basic knowledge of modulation and control of power converters
- Fluent English and German skills
- Structured work approach, initiative, creativity, team spirit, communication skills, motivation, enthusiasm, and quality orientation
About the Team
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Check out this video to learn more about our Grid Technologies business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.