Following a restructure within our Learning & Development Team we are excited to be recruiting for a Part Time (Circa 28 hours). L3 and L5 Residential Childcare Assessor You will report and be fully supported by the Deputy Learning & Development Manager and have full accountability for the day to day management of your own caseload of learners through to qualification.
Your accountabilities are to support learners to achieve the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare and the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare ensuring that 100% of employees gain their L3 before 24 months of employment and L5 Diploma within 24 months of enrolment.
One of the benefits of being an Assessor with Prior’s Court Foundation is that you would be based in one location and have the ability to arrange your hours to suit you and your learners who work a combination of shifts allowing you to assess on our Early, Late, weekend and night shifts and manage your own working schedule.
This opportunity would require a background from residential childcare setting along with management of a team in a care setting, combined with the ability build strong stakeholder relationships at all levels combined with preparation of reports for management information. You would also need to enjoy taking accountability and ownership for your own workload and delivery against targets but in a fully supportive team at a really exciting time.
Outlined below are some of the day to day accountabilities :-
· Manage your own caseload of learners through to qualification.
· Enrol learners with the awarding body and ensure they achieve their L3 qualification within 18 months or their L5 qualification within 24 months
· Keep internal records up to date using internal systems and Quals Direct (e-portfolio)
· Assess learners’ performance and knowledge and ensure they meet the requirements of the standards/syllabus.
· Plan and supervise workshops and allocate learners workshop requirements to support learner progress.
· Deliver workshops to staff groups on underpinning knowledge required to complete the diploma such as: an introduction to Priors Court and Autism.
· Agree and implement progress plans and, where required, performance improvement plans with learners and managers.
· Contribute to regular reports on activities for Management & Leadership Teams monthly progression reporting for all Level 5 learners
This position is 28.125 hours per week, across 7 days with pre-planned early starts and late finishes based on learner need offering the opportunity to create the flexibility to enhance your work/life balance all in one beautiful location of 52 acres along with a hybrid onsite and WFH working pattern when able.