A Snapshot of Your Day
can expect working with teammates, in a safe, comfortable,
climate-controlled environment, to manufacture parts for large
generators. The primary purpose of this position is to build or make
parts by creating, forming, building various materials according to
blueprints and instructions.
How You’ll Make an Impact
· Inspecting parts for quality achievement
· Machine operation, including setup, adjustments
· Use hand tools for building, forming, bending, punching, grinding, cutting, brazing, buffing, and welding
· Use testing, electrical and measurement equipment
· Lifting and loading parts and components to transport to various areas or machines
· Use various solutions to apply to parts according to instructions
· Use of appliances, such as ovens to bake and cure parts
· Read blueprints, drawings, engineering specifications, and work package information to determine operations required
· Assembly and installation of parts according to instruction
· Participate with all to keep the plant safe, organized, and clean, including cleaning your area daily
· Complete employment requirements, such as passing a drug screen and background check
· Follow Siemens Energy policies and procedures
· This is brief summary of the positions and not a complete list, other duties may be assigned
What You Bring
· Experience level is early professional, manufacturing experience is a plus but not required.
· Education level required is a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English language to
understand instructions and other writings on the job description,
follow warnings, safety and quality signage as well as writing
communication when required on work instructions or sharing to team
· Moderate Computer Skills
· Must have good dexterity to use your hands in a skillful and coordinated way to work with parts
· May be required to take Work Keys assessment, with some positions requiring a minimum score or better.
· Close attention to detail is required to avoid assembly and quality errors and checks.
Frequent mental and visual attention, where the flow of work is
intermittent, or the operation involves waiting for the next process.
Good judgment and comprehension to plan, perform, follow written and
verbal instructions and make decisions as to the building, quality
inspection, manipulating and the counting of parts, operations, and
processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United
States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work
authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship
may be eligible for internal transfers.
About the Team
Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through
service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and
all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators.
Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization,
and digitalization of the fleet. Check out this video to learn more
about our Gas Service business
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy? https://bit.ly/3IfnlaR
Who is Siemens Energy?
Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We
meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our
climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not
only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but
we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the
global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and
affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is
possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our
search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new
technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power.
We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over
130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what
ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We
energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on
· Career growth and development opportunities
· Supportive work culture
· Company paid Health and wellness benefits
· Medical, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance Plans
· Paid Time Off and paid holidays
· 401K savings plan with company match
· Family building benefits
· Parental leave
· Hospital Indemnity Plan
· Virtual Primary Care Available
· Free, Company Paid- Life Insurance, Vision and Disability Leave Plan
· Rewards Program for Suggestions, “Above and Beyond” Projects, and Service Time
· Flexible Spending Account Options
· Discount Programs
· Employee Assistance Program-Behavioral Health Services
· Educational Assistance
· Referral Rewards Program
· Volunteering Program
· Awards/Gifts for anniversary milestones and exceptional achievements
Monday – Thursday / 4 days X 10 hours shifts4:30 pm to 3am (Shift times may slightly vary per department.) This shift is eligible for $1 per hour shift differential.Double-time Pay will occur after 55 hours.
Manufacturing Specialist Pay Range:
to $19 Per Hour + Overtime, Double-time and Shift Differential Premium
where applicable. This is an hourly position and pay will depend on
experience, education and skill set.
Check out this video to learn more about our team in Fort Payne, AL: here