We are looking for someone who can bring managerial experience, a background in providing care to children or adults, and a good knowledge of safeguarding practices to the Safeguarding Officer’s role. If you can combine this with the ability to be professionally curious, make effective decisions as well as hold others and yourself to account, please review some of the day-to-day responsibilities: –
- To assist in all aspects of Priors Court’s safeguarding responsibilities, ensuring the highest standards of safeguarding practices are maintained.
- To provide a responsive front door service in relation to any safeguarding concerns relating to the children and young people placed at Priors Court and / or the suitability of staff, visitors and volunteers.
- To record, monitor and make enquiries about safeguarding concerns and, where appropriate, liaise with external agencies and safeguarding partners.
- To guide staff in ensuring the safeguarding of every young person underpins practice.
- To support the delivery of safeguarding training to staff, volunteers, and agencies.
- To assist in the management of allegations and referrals in accordance with Prior’s Court policy and procedure, West Berkshire Safeguarding policies and national / statutory requirements.
- To complete safeguarding reviews in line with legislation, within a timely manner.
- To complete balanced and factually accurate reports, with outcomes being in line with legislation and statutory guidance
- To maintain confidentiality, only sharing information in accordance with policy and legislation.
- Undertake appropriate training for the role carried out at least every two years.
- Ensure outcomes of safeguarding reviews, low-level concerns, allegations and / or referrals are shared, as appropriate, with young people, families, placing authorities, safeguarding partners, and people raising the concern and / or allegation in a timely manner.
- To ensure safeguarding matters, complaints and low-level concerns are fully considered, and where necessary, investigated
- To ensure all safeguarding documentation is clear, factually accurate and stored securely.
- To contribute to the upkeep of the safeguarding database, enabling the data to filter through to the Safeguarding KPI’s.
- To be actively involved in monitoring and reviewing the implementation of identified outcomes following a safeguarding review and / or investigation.
- To contribute to the completion of external safeguarding audits
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week) working Monday to Friday.