• Assess contract/project requirements, relevant design conditions and identify limitations and propose improvements.
• Collect and process data required for design work.
• Prepare models, drawings, bills of material and other specifications.
• Liaise with other Engineering Departments to correctly engineer the interfaces.
• Develop solutions for design, manufacture and operating issues.”
• Transfer of relevant technical data to design sheet/technical report/technical documentation and issue to all relevant groups including draughts persons.
• Selection of appropriate material from those available and advise on applications.
• Complete design calculations.
• Ensure that the component/system is feasible, practical and cost effective.
• Prepare and issue approved technical information in the appropriate system
• Compare with previous designs, advise on appropriate references or initiate new design.
• Creation and modification of complex specifications and technical documentation.
• Check all personal work before submitting for approval.
• Check and approve models, drawings and BOM’s within their area of competence
• Priorities and schedule own work and that of his team members and escalate conflicts and delays in a timely manner.
• Provide input for the Engineering reporting process.
• Identify technical, quality, schedule and budget risks and escalate to section manager or nominee with potential mitigation strategies or solutions
• Interface with others to ensure the “design intent” is carried through to completion.
• Participate in the development of rules and tools.
• Give technical support to and give presentations within Siemens energy, to customers, industry events, or a partner company as required with the support of the section manager or their nominee.
• Abide by and comply with the Company Code of Ethics and Business Conduct Guidelines and Confidential information
• Always ensure that assigned tasks are operated in line with the QA process and procedures, statutory, regulatory and EHS requirements.
Profess. Knowledges: Software for Secondary Electrical Engineering
Methodologies: Project Management Methods
Methodologies: Quality Management Methods
Technologies: Design, Installation and Commissioning of HV/MV Substations
Methodologies: Leadership knowledge, e.g., team development, motivation
Profess. Knowledges: Health & Safety: Understanding the Health and Safety implications of work being carried out