A Snapshot of Your Day
The Senior Financial Accountant engages in project meetings with Project Development and Investment (PDI) and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) while supporting Accounting and Controlling (AC). They read, organize, and summarize various documentation and legal agreements related to mergers, acquisitions and investing opportunities.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Prepare memorandums to support accounting positions related to various M&A and PDI activities.
- Assist PDI and M&A with aligning certain accounting application with Siemens Energy financial reporting guidelines and IFRS.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors to support auditing various significant M&A and PDI activities.
- Assist AC with quarterly accounting of investments related to consolidation, equity method consolidation, impairment process, forecasting and governance related activities.
- Be a value-add business partner for M&A and PDI while collaborating with other corporate functions to support strategic opportunities.
What You Bring
- University degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) strongly preferred.
- 3 – 6 years of related technical accounting experience.
- High proficiency in SAP and MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience supporting teams on accounting issues and preparation and understanding of technical accounting memos.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analytical skills, and reasoning to identify key risk factors and drivers.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in owning projects and processes, working independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous audit experiences are a big plus (or audit firm experience)
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish.
About the Team
In our Business Functions
we enable our organization to reach their targets by providing best-in class services and solutions in the areas of IT, HR, Finance, Real Estate, Strategy & Technology and more.
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy?
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits