Tesco Mobile is the UK’s largest MVNO with over 5 million customers and industry-leading customer satisfaction. We’re a totally unique business, a 50/50 joint venture between Telefonica O2 and Tesco that launched back in 2003.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world’s most creative digital companies, we’re able to open up all sorts of possibilities – not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Great rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That’s why everybody’s welcome – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst- Data (Tesco Mobile)
Reporting to: Chapter Lead for Business Analysis and Agile Project Management
Department: Tesco Mobile
Closing Date: 27/01/2023
About the role:
The Senior Business Analyst within Data will work with an Agile team to define and shape data considerations for business requirements, user stories, business processes and customer journeys for initiatives aligned with Tesco Mobile objectives and key results (OKRs).
You will methodically investigate, analyse, review, define and document user stories identifying available options and the impact on data platforms and reporting solutions. You become a mentor, coach and guide Data Business Analysts and other more junior members within the Chapter.
Who we are
Tesco Mobile is the UK’s largest MVNO with over 5 million customers and industry-leading customer satisfaction. We’re a totally unique business, a 50/50 joint venture between Telefonica O2 and Tesco that launched back in 2003. Being part of Telefonica, one of the world’s most creative digital companies, we’re able to open up all sorts of possibilities – not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
- You are a core link between the Data Team and your collaborators.
- Scope initiatives and features that impact teams within the Data, translating these into data-specific requirements for the Data Platforms squad that deliver the capabilities required by the business to meet key business objectives.
- You will elicit and own the refinement of key requirements across the business, including the Product Team and COEs. Work with the relevant Data Product Owners and their squads to ensure that they have the right information to optimally deliver the required features, ensuring accurate traceability to the organisation’s objectives.
- Define Business Process or Operating Model changes related to the capabilities being delivered by the squads
- Work closely with the Data Architect to ensure decisions align with Tesco Mobiles Data Architecture principles.
- Provide challenge to stakeholder requirements and initiatives to ensure they align to TM’s OKRs and agile principles
- Demo new Features to key stakeholders for acceptance
- Support the wider Tesco Mobile Business Analysis community to improve the quality of requirements for data, insight and analytics capabilities.
- Proven Business Analysis experience, preferably in an agile or hybrid environment.
- Experience in at least one agile framework such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFE, LESS etc.
- Good analytical skills, business analysis and process design techniques.
- Awareness and demonstrated experience of techniques for streamlining business processes which have been modelled and understood.
- Good stakeholder management skills and experience in dealing with senior business users, determining requirements and priorities as well as resolving issues
- Understand and can model complex data flows
- Understanding of data platforms and standard methodology
- Reflects constructively on own work, looking for ways to improve efficiency and understanding the impact of decisions.
- Good MS Office skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Business process and data modelling tools
- Comfort with uncertainty, recognising this is often the natural state during the early stages of projects, but have the tenacity and patience to bring,
- Confident in challenging the status quo
- Pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good understanding of Telco or MVNO systems architecture and business processes
- Experience with BA collaboration tools e.g. Jira, Confluence, Miro, Orbus iServer Slack
- Business Analysis qualifications/diploma such as BCS Certifications or equivalent.
What’s in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the ‘stuff’ we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools – all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn’t our style! We’re already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We’re constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we’d love to learn more about you. Once you’ve submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two-stage process.
When you apply, you’ll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we’ll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working, leveraging the advantages of face-to-face connectivity and enjoying the flexibility and productivity of remote working.
Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be physically together more time than apart. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time in the office location listed on the job description.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.