At Virgin Media O2, our power-coupling gives has given us a unique opportunity to shake things up, rebelling against the status quo for the better. In the B2B IT team, we’re at the very starting blocks of a major evolution – picking apart everything we do today, and conceptualising what ‘rocket-to-the-stars’ stuff we’ll deliver tomorrow.
We’re ready to provide a new type of digital partner to our commercial customers. Whether it’s network resilience, security or customer service, we’re challenging ourselves to do things differently and help them to do business in a simpler way. This is no place for comfort zones. We’re well-funded, sponsored from the top, and have everything we need to make a success of this. Except you. So, join us and be part of the story.
Location(s): Slough/Leeds/Preston Brook/Flexible Remote Working
About the role
The role is responsible for the development of a multi-year B2B CIO roadmap to delivery against the business Vision for integrated ways of working and innovation in this newly established estate. Role will also be tasked with the Portfolio Management of programmes within the estate, collaborating with key leaders to ensure defined OKRs and KPIs are met in their delivery and elevating mitigating action as needed. Role will drive communications planning to stakeholders associated with or impacted by the B2B CIO portfolio of activities in partnership with Head of Planning and Performance.
- Develop 1- and 3-year plans – Drive the creation of the departmental long-range 3YP and operational 1YP, as part of the company-wide business planning process. Ensure alignment across IT, as well as with the Business & Wholesale Strategy, Marketing & Transformation team, and feed into the CIO Office for consolidation into IT and the Corporate Strategy team. The plan will be built in 3 integrated tiers:
- Commercial and Technology Strategy, guiding the direction of travel for the long-range,
- Technology Architecture and high-level roadmap, highlighting the specific changes we need to make in our technology, and
- 3-year Plan, with the actual change initiatives (e.g., programme and projects) that will carry out the evolution of the IT estate, broken down to project level, start/end dates, costs and dependencies.
Define and/or help clarify and socialise the B2B IT business estate Vision. Identify and create operational visibility paths to key B2B CIO planned resources and/or budget and recommend remediation adjustments as needed. Interface with other strategy and planning functions and B2B CIO Financial Analyst to estimate and align the financial forecast with the Road map and pipeline. Continually review and improve the operational and governance processes and tools utilised, identifying and taking forward initiatives that would enhance capabilities and result in improved effectiveness and efficiency. Continually review and assess new opportunities for inclusion into working B2B CIO 3-year plan.
- Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) / Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – Help to define, monitor, and strategies delivery against core OKRs for programmes / projects in the B2B CIO Portfolio. Create dashboard and detailed reporting to enable interactive monitoring and scenario-based planning across all programmes within B2B CIO estate. Identify deviation and trends, advise on risks and resolution of issues. Work with the CIO Office when these KPIs are relevant across IT or reported by the CIO upwards. Support the B2B CIO in the portfolio reviews with the rest of the teams.
- Drive Portfolio Governance – Create and maintain up to date operational and delivery risk, issue and opportunity registers with owners and mitigation recommendations for regular review by Head of Planning & Performance, delivery B2B IT and other affiliated Portfolio stakeholders. Create and continuously refresh reporting and dashboards for monitoring progress against confirmed OKRs/KPIs per project / programme within B2B CIO estate. Identify, engage and coordinate senior leadership in needed cross-estate planning, monitoring, and collaboration across portfolio strategic and delivery needs. Identify communication paths to distil key leadership outputs to broader stakeholder groups within and outside of B2B CIO Portfolio. Capture, track and maintain needed actions with owners and target completion dates for Portfolio stakeholders as outputs from key meetings, planning and programme delivery activities, and follow up to ensure completion and adherence as needed. Use the IT or Corporate (if any) risk management definition, processes, and tools.
- Support 3YP and future annual Budget reviews – Analysis and ad-hoc reporting, supporting the Capital Planning Senior Manager & Demand Risk Management or other long range strategic planning cadences as needed and at the request of Head of Planning and Performance.
- Executive presentation and reporting – Produce monthly decks for Executive Leadership Team and key B2B IT stakeholders to report on collective and individual progress of portfolio projects and programmes against overall timeline and defined OKRs, bucketed by Run, Grow, transform levers keeping aware of overall picture. Support the production of Leadership Team materials, producing the appropriate portfolio and dashboard templates and managing the document lifecycle from content definition through presentation. Collaborate B2B IT Leads and core stakeholders in developing/refining meaningful and accurate reporting and messaging to a variety of shareholders and internal stakeholders in a timely manner. Support the production of business case review and investment committee materials, producing the appropriate portfolio OKR monitoring dashboards and managing the document lifecycle from initiation to the final approval.
- Data, process, tools – Definition and/or adoption of the departmental processes and tools to be used for operational and governance reporting, planning, and tracking and adopting standards defined across CIO when they exist. Continually review and improve the operational and governance processes and tools utilised, identifying and taking forward initiatives that would enhance capabilities and result in improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Engagement and Communications – Identify and coordinate local communications within the B2B IT estate in partnership with the Internal Comms team when relevant, including key announcements from Portfolio governance activities, engagement and eNPS plans, and others ad hoc in support of Head of Planning and Performance. Provide reasonable advice and/or counsel to Pulse survey engagement champions team to ensure a quality clear, measurable, and visible plan of action towards improving eNPS.
What We Need from You:
- Proven experience in IT, planning and/or governance roles
- Broad knowledge of the IT industry & organisation including the capabilities & services provided
- Strategic thinker bringing extensive experience driving cohesion across disparate functional objectives and leveraging to create shared multiyear business plans and roadmaps
- Experience and best practice awareness coordinating senior stakeholders through the refinement and alignment of new cross-estate Visions, execution, and ways of working
- Proven experience in Portfolio Management and Programme Management techniques and tools, inclusive of development of success measures and executive reporting
- Experience coordinating key experts in the shaping, scoping, and estimation of critical initiative resource needs
- Experience operating at a senior level, interfacing board/director/SLT
- Strong stakeholder & relationship management skills, Strong organisation and planning skills
- Outcome focussed with ability to remain focussed on long term goals & success criteria
- Ability to act independently with strong levels of assertiveness, Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.