A Snapshot of Your Day
A typical day will include interfacing (via email, Teams, face to face) with your procurement team and other project team members from engineering, project management, supplier quality, logistics as well as with your suppliers to ensure well-managed, organized tendering and execution of projects.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Manage all purchasing responsibilities for a defined group of commodities.
- Perform complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials.
- Getting prior approval for purchases which are more than established limits.
- Resolve complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchase and invoices.
- Identify and resolve more complex problems and apply problem solving skills for best result.
- Develop and updates project plans and purchasing systems.
- Review and analyze requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases.
- Develop requests for quotes and assist in the development of new supply sources.
- Develop new supply sources for select commodities by developing supplier strategies.
- Negotiate prices, terms and conditions, and quality requirements.
- Evaluate market conditions to develop risk mitigation measures for commodities.
- Perform value analysis to identify cost improvements.
- Expedite as needed and serve as liaison between vendors and users. (Engineers, project managers, supplier quality & others as needed)
- Build extensive networks within own organization, Engineering, Logistics, and Project Management side of business.
- Provide general guidance or training to support staff and professional staff.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of successful experience in purchasing
- Demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of organizations business practices and issues and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere, using an organized and disciplined approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable working in an international environment and willing to travel internationally.
- Ability to travel 10% domestically or internationally.
- Qualified Applicant must be proficient with the English Language
About the Team
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Check out this video to learn more about our Gas Service business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy?
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Savings Fund
- Above the law benefits
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave