It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
Job Title: Senior Contract Manager
Reports to: Public Sector Contract Team Manager
Location London/ Leeds/ Slough/ Reading with the flexibility to work from home a few days a week
Closing date: TBC
About the role:
The Senior Contract Manager role exists to deliver on the Contract Management team’s purpose. We are in customer-facing interaction with VMO2’s customers to support the Business’ trading objectives. We negotiate contracts that meet our internal risk profile and governance. We check, that our partners understand what the Business is contributing to. We work with openness, integrity and transparency when communicating with customers, and we close deals quickly, but efficiently.
You’ll support us to deliver trading objectives by drafting, negotiating, completing business contracts with our B2B customers in Public Sector. You own the end to end process of contract creation, including observing associated governance that applies to creation and execution.
You draft and negotiate contracts of varying complexity and value, from £5,000 up to £5m, engaging directly with customers and coordinating the vital commercial, legal and financial resources for successful contracts.
You will work alongside diverse groups of internal partners, ensuring that internal governance is upheld and providing advice and recommendations to assist in decision-making processes.
- Commercial and Contract Management experience
- Legal qualification or previous experience (including a good understanding of commercial law)
- Experience in drafting Order Forms, Service Offers, or new service agreements for public sector customers, particularly under public sector frameworks such as RM3808 (desirable)
- Experience in helping Public Sector framework bids
- Building product service schedules that work in conjunction with both standard terms and conditions
- Resilient, able to operate in an ambiguous and agile environment
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, confirmed by the evidence of leading multiple opportunities simultaneously.
- Good financial competence, and understanding of accounting principles.
- Good leadership skills to lead virtual teams to deliver a signed contract that meet VMO2’s governance requirements.
- Very good Microsoft Word skills.
- Telco background desirable but not essential
- Full driver’s licence
- IACCM Accreditation
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.