EVP Global Functions
A Snapshot of Your Day
After an initial coffee, you will define the project-specific supplier strategy together with engineering and project management in a commodity kick-off, based on the preferred supplier strategy and the requirements of the end customer. Subsequently, you evaluate received offers from suppliers for your project demands and prepare a contract and price negotiation of roughly 1 Mio Eur. After lunch in the canteen with colleagues, you will conduct a final award negotiation with a supplier, agree on the final contract terms and sign the supplier contract together with the project manager. Shortly before closing time, you inform the core project team of the current status of all ongoing procurement activities in the project.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You are in charge for sourcing/tactical buying of electrical components/systems on large & medium scale international projects for transmission/grid technologies in the area of FACTS/Statcom and Synchronised Condensers as an integral part of the project team
- Implement procurement strategies to ensure longterm, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply of materials in the required quality
- Set up RfQ process, including supplier onboarding, qualification of suppliers
- Development of a contract award strategy under consideration of the project goals, cost and quality, successful presentation of Total Cost Comparison in a sourcing board and implementation thereof
- Prepare project specific contract template in alignment with project team to cover necessary back-to-back conditions with endcustomer contract
- Perform contract & price negotiations with application of the available procurement levers (eANC, BATNA, etc.) to achieve best in class results
- Collaboration and support for cost calculation “Buy-Portion” and evaluation of possible procurement risks and opportunities (e.g. material price, sourcing restrictions, special local requirements)
- Compile all relevant information to submit qualified project procurement status reports and alerting on deviations
What You Bring
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in related procurement functions, complex contract management, project procurement, proposal and/or project management most favorably within power transmission or power generation industry
- Proven senior negotiator with a track record of delivering a positive impact on profit as well as excellent knowledge of contractual law and technical product know of high or medium-voltage components
- Ability to drive performance improvement across the supply chain
- Self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and results focused
- Fluency in German and English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced MS Office applications skills (particularly Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SAP ARIBA
- Passion to learn new things and to drive digitalisation in supply chain
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bitly.ws/ZFwV
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.