Are you looking for ready for a new adventure in Social Care? Are you currently a Support Worker, Team Leader or Senior? You’ll be making a world of difference when you join us as a Senior Support Worker in our Deaf Services at Achieve together.
Location: Margate; CT9
Contract / Shifts available: Full-time permanent (part-time also available). Shifts include earlies, lates, and sleep-ins.
Rate: £10 p/h (£19,500 p/a based on 37.5hr week)
Your new job: As a Senior Support Worker you will be expected to lead shifts and assist with coaching and inducting of new staff to the service. You will also be required to participate in the on call rota. You will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life, assisting people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
Your new job: You will be working as part of a friendly team, supporting vulnerable adults with a range of physical, mental and learning disabilities. You will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life, assisting people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
- Support people in achieving their goals and ambitions
- Lead shifts and assist with coaching and inducting of new staff to the service.
- Make a positive contribution to the lives of others
- Follow Health and Safety Guidelines & Procedures – Keeping yourself and others safe
- Write daily reports on activities, devise and update care plans and undertake risk assessments for the people we support
Visit our website to take a look at our Deaf Services in action!
- Free DBS – No cost to join!
- Paid Training & Personal E-Learning portal – to get you off to a flying start
- Learn a new language – we will teach you BSL
- Refer a Friend & earn £300
- Annual Leave – 28 days
- Reward and Recognition – our way of saying “Thank you”
- Employee Assistance Programme – Support for you… when you need it.
Your Experience: Senior Support Workers come from many different employment backgrounds and experiences. You should have sector-based experience supporting adults with learning disabilities and be qualified up to NVQ/Diploma L2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or have completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship programme. We employ our Team Members based on their values.
Does this sound like the role for you? Change your journey in Social Care with us today by applying NOW!
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.