Alderwood LLA are recruiting a Senior Support Worker at our services in Dybdale a large, detached 5 bed property located in the market town of Wellingborough. This residential home provides a warm and friendly home to adults and children with Autism Spectrum Conditions & behaviours that may challenge.
Location: Wellingborough, Northants NN8
Permanent: Part Time
Salary: £10.40 per hour
Additional Information: This is shift based work made up of Early Shifts and Late Shifts with alternating weekends. Ability to drive is preferred but not essential. NVQ/QCF Level 2 Qualification (or working towards) is preferred. This role is known internally as Practice Lead – Level 1 and is similar to Team Leader / Senior Support worker within most social care organisations.
Your new job:
Alderwood LLA (part of Achieve together) predominately specialises in providing specialised care and support for individuals with a diagnosis of Autism, behaviour difficulties that challenge and are most often considered to have complex needs. We firmly believe that all individuals have the ability to learn and develop, helping them to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
You will be leading a friendly team of Support Workers, supporting vulnerable adults with complex levels of Autism. As a Shift Leader you will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life. You will assist people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
This may include:
- Completing and maintaining detailed records, reports and notes
- Cleaning, cooking and shopping
- Planning and engaging in activities such as trips out, long walks, bowling, meals out, garden centres, football plus much more as well getting involved with the Alderwood LLA Farm Project and Dog Team.
- Administering and recording medication
- Complying with health and safety requirements
- Ensuring that the Shift runs smoothly with effective allocations
Why not head over to our website and read further information on what it is like to work with Alderwood LLA & Achieve together https://www.alderwoodlla.co.uk/what-we-do/
Your rewards include:
- Free enhanced DBS checks and clearances*
- Ongoing career development to support you in achieving your ambitions
- 28 days holiday (Incl: Bank Holidays)
- Free structured and supported 12-week induction to get you off to a flying start!
- Personal online Learning and Development portal
- Opportunity to gain sector specific qualifications and to join our Leadership and Management Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
- Discounts platform for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
- Pension – we contribute to your retirement fund
- Recognition and Reward Schemes including Long Service, Employee of the Month and Outstanding Achievement Awards
Or maybe it’s receiving the biggest smile from the person you support when they achieve a goal they never thought possible, and a heartfelt letter of thanks from their loved ones!
*Subject to current Terms & Conditions
Does this sound like the career for you? If so, apply now and start your journey with us.
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.