Are you looking for ready for a new adventure in Social Care? Are you currently a Support Worker, Team Leader or Senior?
Join us as a Senior Support Worker at Taunton, Somerset, which is a residential home that provides support for 6 adults aged 25-35 with learning disabilities, autism and other complex health needs
Taunton is in the ideal location with easy access to local community facilities. There are multiple shops, parks, pubs, restaurants and a sports centre nearby and the service has great transport links.
Location: Taunton, Somerset, TA2
Permanent full time
Achieve together is one of the UK’s leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.
You will be working as part of a friendly team, supporting vulnerable adults with a range of physical, mental and learning disabilities. As a Senior Support Worker you will be expected to lead shifts and assist with coaching and inducting of new staff to the service. You will also be required to participate in the on call rota. You will write daily reports on activities, as well as devising and updating care plans and undertaking risk assessments for the people we support. You will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life, assisting people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
This may include:
- Planning and engaging in activities such as horse riding, shopping, visiting theme parks and going on holidays
- Full personal care required
- You will support verbal and physical behaviours that can challenge
- Completing and maintaining detailed records, reports and notes
- Administering and recording medication
- Complying with health and safety requirements
- Rota planning, updating or completing other admin tasks
- Lead and support the staff team
Why not head over to our website and read some of the fantastic success stories shared by people we support https://www.achievetogether.co.uk/category/success-stories/
You should have sector based experience supporting adults with learning disabilities and be qualified up to NVQ/Diploma L2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or have completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship programme. We employ our Team Members based on their values.
You will be:
- Caring & compassionate
- Reliable and responsible
Our team members come from all walks of life, including: Retail, Hospitality, Warehouse, Security, Ex Forces, Sales, Administration, NHS, Social Care, Mental Health, Care Assistant, Outreach, Domiciliary Care, Health Carer and Residential Care.
Your rewards include:
- Free structured and supported 12-week induction to get you off to a flying start!
- Ongoing career development to support you in achieving your ambitions
- Opportunity to gain sector specific qualifications and to join our Leadership and Management Programme
- Personal online Learning and Development portal
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme of £300 per referral*
- 28 days holiday (Incl: Bank Holidays)
- Free enhanced DBS checks and clearances*
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
- Discounts platform for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
- Pension – we contribute to your retirement fund
- Recognition and Reward Schemes including Long Service, Employee of the Month and Outstanding Achievement Awards
Or maybe it’s receiving the biggest smile from the person you support when they achieve a goal they never thought possible, and a heartfelt letter of thanks from their loved ones!
*Subject to current Terms & Conditions
Your new employer
Achieve together – Ordinary Lives, Extraordinary People
Our growing organisation has over 25 years of expertise, and our team of expert practitioners are proud to deliver high-quality support across England and Wales. We offer the support and stability of a successful organisation with the homely family feel in each setting which is underpinned by our values:
Being Brave…we are resourceful, open-minded & creative
Having Fun…we are present, engaged and communicate and connect
Making things happen…we are reliable, trustworthy and take ownership
Valuing everyone…we are good with people and emotionally intelligent
We are committed to supporting our team members and take every precaution to ensure robust infection control procedures are followed and that they decrease the risk of Covid-19 transmission. When you become a Team Member you will be provided with full PPE, inclusive of hand sanitiser, masks, gloves, apron and shoe covers (where appropriate) and all the appropriate training to keep you and those around you safe.
Please be advised that COVID-19 vaccinations are a mandatory requirement within our organisation, and you will need to provide evidence that you have been vaccinated prior to being offered a start date with us.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will hold “Keyworker” status: and will be permitted to book your vaccination through the national booking service on presentation of an offer letter or contract of employment.
Does this sound like the career for you? If so, apply now and start your journey with us.
Want to know more?
Call Natasha on 07803 406149 or email us at email@example.com
We at Achieve Together treat everyone equally with dignity and respect. We believe in the strength and value of an inclusive and diverse workforce and recognise the positive contribution all employees bring regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
We value the unique talents of every individual and work together to help everyone achieve their full potential by providing equality of opportunity to our team members, welcoming applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.