A Snapshot of Your Day
In this role you will have the opportunity to lead all on-site activities of a project to assure efficient execution of project results in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements during the start-up, construction, commissioning phases of Grid Solution projects.
The Italian GT Grid Solutions offers to our customers products, solutions and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading. Our team is located in Milan, and we ensure the accurate execution process of turn-key EPC contract relating to HV Substation (AIS & GIS) and FACTS to meet customer expectation in terms of quality and reliability in line with Siemens Energy strategy.
Our Construction team is coordinated in Milan with presence of all the site all over the country and, in some cases, abroad, we guarantee a continuous training and an environment where curiosity is highly appreciated.
The Location of this role is in different site within center and south Italy
How You’ll Make an Impact
• Plans project on-site activities with Project Manager including local resources, equipment, and milestones. Coordinates agreement between customer and external resources on construction targets, EHS requirements, site organization and policy.
• Responsible, from receiving the assigned site area from the customer or Project Manager to handing over to the end customer on completion day, for coordinating site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, testing and commissioning activities in alignment with contract requirements.
• Serves as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations such as authorities, banks, and suppliers to ensure their active support of field activities.
• Ensures detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, aligned with our H&S rules. Ensures all on-site resources are accurately trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project.
• Runs the sub-contractors on site engaged to ensure necessary quality and progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
• Controls project cost for the project site work, supervises actual cost against forecasts, and estimates final cost.
• Live core values of safety and integrity, which means taking ownership for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
What You Bring
• Minimum 10 years previous experience as Site Installation Project Manager of medium size projects with a focus on EPC project;
• Experience in the execution of HV/MV Electrical Systems construction projects and proven experience in Civil works management and FACTS project (Syncon, STATCOM, HVDC) is a nice to have;
• Knowledge of HSE Italian regulation (ref. DLgs 81/08);
• Proficient in Italian and English
• Strong team player used to work in a multicultural environment characterized on international team and different cultures
• Capacity to work independently of general supervision (must be self-motivated once given direction/guidance)
• Strong focus on result orientation, assertiveness, customer satisfaction, leadership skills, stakeholder management skills and willingness to work in team
• Available for business trips National and International
About the Team
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Check out this video to learn more about our Grid Technologies business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.