EVP Global Functions
This exciting role will be part of the UK Installation and Commissioning (I&C) team reporting directly to the I&C Installation Manager
We are looking for experienced Site Managers to work within a team on an offshore Substation project in Wallsend and also support installation activities UK wide.
Let’s talk about you
- Experience in a capacity of Site Management on an Electricity Supply Industry construction site or similar (Power Generation, Oil & Gas or General Construction Sites).
- Experienced preferred Site Management, controlling site activities comprising of primary and secondary plant installation complying with health, safety, quality and environmental legislation and practice within a substation environment, for example, National Grid, SSE, SPEN etc.
- People management skills, good verbal, and written skills.
- Experience in following detailed Programmes, monitoring and reporting change whilst delivering to Time, Cost, Quality, and executed Safely.
- Construction Design Management (CDM) Regs 2015.
- CCNSG Safety Passport.
- IOSH Managing Safely Course
- IOSH Managing Enviromental
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or demonstrated relative experience.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proactive attitude to problem solving.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Full driving Licence
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
A Site Manager represents the Project Manager on site and therefore has full responsibility for day-to-day site activities comprising of but not limited to: –
Where Siemens are the Principal contractor, the site manager will be the nominated Principal Contractor Representative (PC REP), the only exception to this is where a General Site Manager is appointed and as such, he will take the responsibilities of the PC Rep.
- Implementation of and monitoring the application of the site management policy
- Ensuring that control of access, induction process, checking of authorisations and setting to work procedure for all persons working on the site is implemented as laid out in the Site Management Manual PS1 and monitoring its application. Ensuring that a safe working environment is always provided and ensuring any necessary documentation such as, Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RA/MS) COSHH assessments are included.
- Take responsibility for the review and acceptance of risk assessments and method statements for all work activities on site and ensuring the RAMS register is updated.
- Review and acceptance of Health and Safety, Environmental & Quality Plans and ensure all staff under their control understand and perform their duties and carry out actions to required milestone dates.
- Chair Siemens weekly safety co-ordination meetings facilitating the coordination of work activities across site and monitoring compliance.
- Co-ordinate with Client site based and project representatives
- Co-ordination with Siemens Energy office-based project team(s)
- Co-ordination with local organisations and third parties affected by the installation project’s activities.
- Instigate, monitor, and review the sensible monitoring system on site, carry out individual monitoring activities and allocating team leaders to individual sensible monitoring.
- Management Manual PS1, including the on-site filing system for documentation and drawings.
- Ensure compliance with the non-conformances, accidents / incidents/hazards and near misses’ procedure compile initial reports as required and cooperate in any subsequent investigations.
- Initiate, monitor and review the agreed setting to work procedure. Hold and ensure other team leaders hold toolbox talks, daily point of work risk assessments and safety briefings with their teams at a pre agreed frequency, ensure attendance is recorded and feedback sought and actioned where appropriate.
- Initiate, monitor and review the task card process, ensuring all teams complete to the required accuracy and timescale.
- To monitor and report progress of their team(s) against the project programme/task cards and report back to the nominated person.
- Operate safely within budget, timescale and quality as defined by the Project Manager and report on progress to required timescales.
- Ensure that the control of site safety and good environmental practice is in accordance within the Siemens Quality Management System and any customer requirements including waste control procedures.
- Be actively committed to and demonstrate a belief in Siemen’s Zero Harm Policy
- Work with the commercial and finance team to ensure correct and timely reporting of forecasted costs by submitting weekly site manager’s reports and monthly forward loading charts (FLCs).
- Initiate and monitor the system for procurement of goods and services as detailed in the project specification in line with the Guidance for the Procurement of Goods and Services for Customer Project Site document including receipt and storage of goods
Let’s talk about us
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Here at Siemens Energy, we drive innovation, develop new technologies, apply cutting-edge technologies that will set new standards in terms of efficiency, reliability and sustainability.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fuelled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary, annual bonus, and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.