D&D London Restaurants
German Gymnasium was originally designed as the first purpose-built gym in England, and used by the German Gymnastics team for the 1864 Olympics. Now a Grade II listed building, German Gymnasium, is conveniently situated in the heart of vibrant King’s Cross. Serving an all-day grand café style menu across the ground floor and vast terraces, for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. With a nod to its heritage the menu reflects a Germanic influence. The restaurant on the upper floor has its own spectacular bar and semi-private dining room with views of the award-winning interior to match.
We are looking for a passionate Sous Chef who will have the food knowledge and skills to lead the team in order to deliver outstanding food and in turn, a superb guest experience. You will work with the Head Chef and restaurant management team to ensure consistent high standards in both service and kitchen management- with a heavy emphasis on all aspects of Health and Safety.
As the Sous Chef your main responsibilities will be to oversee and direct all aspects of the kitchen in an effective efficient and productive manner under the guidance of the Head-Chef. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the kitchen from mise en place to service. You will be responsible for quality, efficiency and effectiveness in which food is prepared and sent to the pass.
As a leader you will build a motivated and integrated team by clearly communicating expectations and providing constructive feedback, identify training needs and manage and assist in the training so that required standards are achieved
We’re a truly brilliant place to work so, naturally we have some of the very best team benefits around, which include:
- Industry leading pay
- Discount in all of our restaurants – 40% off all day, every day
- Exclusive discounts and cashback options at a range of retailers and cinema tickets at great prices courtesy of LifeWorks App
- 50% off PureGym membership
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline and the opportunity to have 6 hourly sessions with a trained Counsellor for free
- Access to WeCare – a solution designed to support your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing. You will have access to 24/7 UK-based online GP, mental health counselling, a get fit programme, legal and financial guidance plus much more
- Healthy, free and tasty meals when working
- Employee of the Month Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- 28 days paid holiday a year, which increases to 30 days with length of service
- Best in class training – including management development to help you progress quickly
- Access to our training platform D&D Connect with resources to develop your skills and knowledge
- An optional paid day each year to give back and volunteer
- Refer a friend scheme
If you are interested in the Sus Chef role at German Gymnasium, then we would love to hear from you