Would you like to work for a specialist residential care setting for young people with complex autism (5-25 years) rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted Education?
We are currently looking to recruit a permanent qualified or newly qualified HCPC registered Speech & Language Therapist, to join our team of Speech and Language Therapists, to manage a clinical caseload of young people (YP) with Autism and complex needs, aged 5-25.
- have experience of using clinical reasoning skills for both assessment and intervention planning (either on student placements or previous SALT role)
- be self-motivated and an autonomous worker who can manage their own time and diary to meet the needs of the Young People
- have knowledge of supporting Young People with complex Special Educational Needs. Ideally this includes experience working in an education and/or residential setting.
- have excellent communication skills.
As part of your role, you will work within the Prior’s Court Multi-Disciplinary Team (Teachers, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Positive Behaviour Support Team, Nurses, Teachers and Residential staff) in ensuring consistency of approach. In doing so, you will set and contribute to the goals of each young person. You will also be involved in the development and implementation of training packages (for both professionals and family/carers) in identified communication approaches.
You will be involved in developing and delivering input through use of the Prior’s Court Communication Skills Learning Programme and the Prior Approach, which focuses on the development of functional communication skills to enable Young People to live healthy, happy, independent lives after leaving Prior’s Court.
The position is Monday to Friday 9:00am – 17:00pm and we are happy to consider those looking for full time or part time work. Some of our benefits are outlined below:-
- Salary ranging from £27,000 – £38,000 per annum depending on experience
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- Annual leave – 25 days for new starters, plus bank holidays.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
Life Insurance, Health cash plan and many other benefits We will consider both full and part time applicants.