Transformation of Industry
Snapshot Of Your Day
The day-to-day life of a field engineer can be very diverse. A day could be spent preparing for the next field assignment, while also fielding client and internal technical inquiries requiring the field engineer to be able to multi-task on several topics at any given time. These inquiries typically require quick action to ensure field activities are not delayed waiting on a response. On other days, the field engineer will be onsite performing engineering activities, working on larger Siemens Energy projects, or working directly with the clients and could be the only Siemens Energy employee onsite. A field engineer needs to be able to transition between tasks quickly and efficiently, sometimes with short notice. The field engineering role is an exciting role for the individual who thrives off constantly being challenged at a moment’s notice.
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
How You’ll Make an Impact
- This function includes a broad range of engineering activities which encompasses Centrifugal and Reciprocating Compressors
- Field Engineers are responsible for the execution of advanced field service technical activities such as: Performance Testing, Vibration studies, Surge Testing, Valve leakage testing, P-V curves, Partial discharge/Flux probe testing, Pulsation/acoustic studies, Control valve diagnostics and Root Cause Analysis
- Provide remote technical assistance to Siemens Energy field activities
- Review and provide project specific technical documentation including drawings, technical specifications and procedures
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID’s and machine drawings
What you Bring
- BS in Engineering is required.
- Mechanical, Industrial, Thermo, Aero or Electrical Engineering field is preferred.
- 7+ years of working experience as a field engineer is required
- 5+ years of rotating equipment vibration analysis is required
- 5+ years of experience with centrifugal/turbo compressors is required
- Familiarity with API and ASME standards
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% of the time on short notice
- Proficient in Windows® and Office®
- Previous work experience in a refinery or chemical plant environment a plus
- Field Engineer must be comfortable with direct client interaction
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave