Job Title: Mechanical Designer
A Snapshot of Your Day
The product portfolio we manage includes surge arresters, insulators and the associated components. Our products are used all over the world in medium-voltage, high- and extra-high-voltage networks. We produce and develop our products at our locations in Berlin (Germany) and Wuxi (China).
The task of our department is the handling of customer and development projects as well as the adaptation of our products according to the wishes of our customers. In addition, we support our colleagues from production, purchasing and sales with our expert knowledge.
Good cooperation, short communication and decision-making channels are the basis of our success.
As a design engineer for surge arresters, insulators and components, you accompany our products throughout their entire product life cycle.
You are part of the international development team for surge arresters and insulators. Depending on the project requirements, you’ll act as project manager or as product designer.
As part of this activity, you will develop new, innovative solutions using PTC Creo, coordinate them with the cross-functional project team and provide drawings and parts lists for the interface functions.
In addition, your expert knowledge supports adaptation developments to the existing portfolio according to the wishes of our customers.
How You’ll Make an Impact
– You use your expertise to design arrester and insulators according to our customers’ requirements.
– You independently develop assemblies and individual parts from prototype to series production, considering the specific requirements
– You design and modify components according to the requirements of our customers and considering the applicable standards and regulations
– You will work in international development teams on joint development projects
– You create drawings and parts lists based on the 3D models of our products
– You provide support to production, purchasing and sales with your technical expertise
– You contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes by exchanging knowledge and living the feedback culture.
What You Bring
– Successfully completed university studies in mechanical engineering or comparable training with many years of professional experience
– Several years of relevant professional experience in design of surge arresters and insulators as well as knowledge of the relevant standards
– Very good knowledge of PTC-Creo or ProE or a comparable 3D CAD system and MS Office
– Ideally knowledge of the PLM system AGILE and SAP
– Knowledge of project management methods
– Ability to work in a team, result and customer orientation, creativity and an independent way of working
– Business fluent English skills
– Work in a future-oriented business field
– Comprehensive personal qualification and further training opportunities
– Access to and co-creation of new market trends and technologies
– Further development of your project management skills while working in cross-functional, international project teams
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.