Our stores are the direct link between our customers and the wider business and span from Scotland to the South West and across to Northern Ireland. Your role will be to bring our core values to life through your team of 5 – 15 employees. Retail excellence will be the standard expected day to day, in everything you do. With every decision you make and direction you set, you will put the customer at the heart of your thinking. Working collectively as part of a diverse team you’ll be expected to deliver the most unique customer experience by using our values of bold, open and trusted.
As a Store Manager your role is to help create a high performing, motivated and engaged team through leading, coaching and inspiring. You will encourage team members to love the job they do and make sure they are having great conversations with our customers to understanding their needs using Leap, so they sell the right product and service to them. Making every day better for our customers through personal experiences that count.
You will also manage individual’s performance and develop the team to achieve and improve on business targets, store standards and compliance.
You will look for ways to make sales soar, drive efficiencies and be an inspirational leader and role model to the team.
Direct Reports will differ based on location.
Travel is a requirement of the role through Store Visits, wider team meetings and conference attendance. Depending on the Store location and trading patterns, weekend and evening working will be expected.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Leading your team brilliantly with passion and drive
- Ensuring your store consistently delivers an extraordinary customer service/experience. Building trust and making every single day better through personal experiences that count
- Achieving performance targets and other measures as set by the business
- Delivering regular, consistent and effective reviews and demonstrating effective coaching behaviours.
- To help and grow talent and succession within the store.
- Supporting the Store to drive productivity and efficiency in line with budgets and guidelines, using commercial reporting to maximise profit & revenue within the store.
- Driving in store engagement to grow a high performing team, through effective leadership behaviours.
- Building a schedule using identified business data inputs (i.e. footfall, matrix hours, trading hours, employee contracted hours) to maximise productivity and deliver store rotas in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring store is adhering to key compliance requirements in relation to store standards, Health &
- Safety, cash management, security and stock management, FCA compliance, refunds and discounts
- Identifying talent within the team and driving development
- Working with your team to take ownership of the store appearance – taking pride in where you work.
- Exploring internal and external opportunities to grow revenue year on year
Skills and Experience Needed
What we look for is:
- Someone who takes full accountability for themselves and their team’s performance.
- Some who has worked in a fast-paced environment previously, not necessarily Retail, who is motivated to work to targets and deadlines
- Budget and Profit and Loss responsibility is a requirement of the role
- Someone who takes the lead, encourages and develops teams to be high performing and brings their team on a journey
- Strong coaching skills
- The ability to provide support, training and development for the team
- A great communicator
- Someone who can be agile, who can change and adapt to suit business needs
- Commercial acumen
- Someone who understands the importance of delivering great customer experiences, the awareness of a customer centric culture. Putting the customer first in everything that we do.
- Someone who has an interest in technology and mobiles
What we will give you:
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday + an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Fantastic induction programme
- Learning and Development support
- Flexible benefits to suit you
- O2 Refresh Staff Deals for your mobile, tablet and connected smart watch
- Discounted Virgin Media bundles
- Friends & Family deals across both O2 and Virgin Media
- Buy or Sell up to 5 days holiday
- Exclusive discounts through My Extras – including fashion, gym memberships, travel and 100s more
- Plus many more benefits
Hours: 37.5hrs (flexibility required)