Lead – Auxiliary systems
At Siemens Energy it is our people and their passion for innovation who make a difference by energising society. A long heritage in engineering and innovation inspires us to focus on our top priorities: combating climate change and addressing increasing energy demands. Sounds like you? Then come join us!
In Denmark, we are proud of being a global competence centre within gearing of electrical equipment and systems for offshore as well as onshore substations. By joining us you will become part of a continuously growing team of passionate Project Managers and Engineers. Read more https://www.sebrochure.dk/siemens-energy/WebView/ and meet your colleagues https://www.sebrochure.dk/video/E53823814
How You’ll Make an Impact
As a Substation Design Manager, you will lead and manage the substation design scope for auxiliary systems in our substations within offshore wind, onshore AC substations, and HVDC projects. You will be involved from the bidding process through project execution, warranty conclusion, and project handover to service.
We are seeking a candidate with extensive knowledge of auxiliary systems and the design process within Medium Voltage systems, Low Voltage systems, and emergency and backup systems.
The selected candidate will lead auxiliary design for all our major projects and develop a team of Engineers to cater this task going forward.
Your key tasks will include:
- Defining the overall Low Voltage single line diagram for the substations, within AC and DC.
- Ensuring appropriate design studies are executed using state-of-the-art tools.
- Selecting suitable suppliers of Auxiliary equipment within MV/LV and emergency systems.
- Aligning civil design input with our civil partners.
- Developing concepts with strategic suppliers.
- Providing technical input and support to the Procurement team.
- Working proactively in close cooperation with overall project managers, and specialists.
- Build up the auxiliary team and be the future leader of this.
What You Bring
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, combined with 10+ years of experience in designing turnkey substations within the area of electrical auxiliary systems.
- Knowledge of subsystems included in the substation, such as Air Insulated Switchgear, Gas Insulated Switchgear, Oil-filled components, compensation systems, and Auxiliary systems.
- Thorough understanding of interfaces and design flow between the subsystems, with the ability to design the auxiliary systems and break down the design work into appropriate steps for planning purposes.
- Project and customer-oriented, possessing strong written and oral communication skills for collaboration with technical and non-technical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Proven supplier management and leadership skills.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Don’t hesitate – apply via https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html , id nr 251999 not later than 2023-12-08.
Ongoing selection is applied, the role might be filled before last application date.
For questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager Jesper Lindholm Mikkelsen on firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the recruitment process please contact the responsible recruiter Narcissa Gvozdar Tellefsen on email@example.com
We refrain from all contact with staffing and recruitment companies, or advertising brokers.