EVP Global Functions
Supplier Quality Engineer – Core Components
A snapshot of your day
As Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) for our Turbine Core Components, you are part of a growing function in a position that entails a large responsibility! You will be working close with suppliers and commodity managers with a shared target to secure qualified deliveries from qualified suppliers. We work in a multi-cultural environment with different departments locally and globally. Networking is one of our keys for success.
Based on your background and experience, you are responsible for one or several of our core commodities (Machining, Casting, Coating, Forgings or welding). A part of your responsibilities within the commodities are addressing nonconformances with conducting containment, Root Cause Analysis, and implementing preventative measures & risk mitigation measures.
We believe in a combination of work from office in Finspång with an opportunity to work from home-office. This setup will give the opportunity to have a good balance between focused work and team collaboration and allows you to have a flexibility in your daily life.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Work on Supplier qualification together with a multi-functional supplier qualification team, including assessment of supplier capabilities and initial auditing of suppliers in the assigned supplier base.
- Lead multi-functional teams to perform Product and Process Qualifications (PPQ) according to applicable process descriptions and standards. Support the suppliers to follow Siemens Energy Quality Management Process and usage of related tools.
- Supervise supplier quality performance as well as corrective and preventive actions of suppliers.
- Develop and improve systems, processes and tools
- Initiate and implement supplier quality improvement programs, quality root cause analysis and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation measurements at the suppliers. Track implementation and effectiveness of measures.
- Early supplier involvement supporting the global supplier quality team in the product development process.
- Planning and execution of regular supplier audits
- Proactive collaboration with an international team and internal customers
- The work will include travel to a certain extent.
What You Bring
- A college or university degree within engineering or similar, in combination with professional experience within project management or similar.
- Work experience with machining, castings, coating, forgings or welding is a highly meritorious.
- A technical profile and previous work experience in R&D or Production Technology is a strong merit.
- The ability to see the whole picture and feel responsible for making the entire supply chain work, see the context and prioritize the right topics.
- Experience of reporting and monitoring supplier performance
- Profound knowledge in the application of quality methods such as 5 why, FMEA, 8D, RCA and process management
- You are committed, driven, structured and understand commercial business relationships.
- We believe that you have previously worked with international contacts that have given you a good understanding of other cultures.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well in English, in both speech and writing. Swedish skills is highly meritorious.
About the Team
You will be part of a team with wide competence and experience where we learn from and with each other. The group is mixed with different backgrounds, ages and experiences where you will have strong professional support and collaboration with many contact surfaces, both locally and globally.
We have the advantage of working in a high-reaching environment with exciting projects and new technologies which provide rich opportunities for continuous development.
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
We can offer you employment benefits such as: reduction of working hours, advance vacation, health care allowance and an eventual possibility to a flexible working place.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bitly.ws/ZFwV
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Don’t hesitate – apply via https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html, id nr 251992 not later than 2023-11-22.
Ongoing selection is applied, the role might be filled before last application date.
For questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager Johan Malmlöv on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +46 12282438 .
For questions about the recruitment process please contact the responsible recruiter Ellen Johansson on email@example.com.
We refrain from all contact with staffing and recruitment companies, or advertising brokers.
Trade Union Representatives:
Anders Häll, Unionen, 0122-887514
Simon Von Eckardstein (Sveriges Ingenjörer) 0122-842 24,
Jan Lundgren (Ledarna) 0122-812 33,
Jonny Persson (IF Metall) 0122-817 69