New to care or experienced? Join us as a Support Worker at Bargoed Hall in Bargoed You’ll be based in a small and friendly home, supporting adults with complex needs and autism.
Location: Cardiff Road, Bargoed, CF81 8NY
Full Time/Part Time
£17,374 per annum based on 37.5 hours per week.
Your new job:
Achieve together is one of the UK’s leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.
You will be working as part of a friendly team, supporting vulnerable adults with a range of physical, mental and learning disabilities. As a Support Worker you will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life. You will assist people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
This may include:
- Completing and maintaining detailed records, reports and notes
- Cleaning, cooking and shopping
- Planning and engaging in activities
- Administering and recording medication
- Complying with health and safety requirements
Why not head over to our website and read some of the fantastic success stories shared by people we support https://www.achievetogether.co.uk/category/success-stories/
You do not need to have experience to be a Support Worker, although a basic level of English and Maths is required. We employ our Support Workers based on their values.
You will be:
- Caring & compassionate
- Reliable and responsible
Our team members come from all walks of life, including: Retail, Hospitality, Warehouse, Security, Ex Forces, Sales, Administration, NHS, Social Care, Mental Health, Care Assistant, Outreach, Domiciliary Care, Health Carer and Residential Care.
Your rewards include:
- Free enhanced DBS checks and clearances*
- Ongoing career development to support you in achieving your ambitions
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme of £250 per referral*
- 28 days holiday (Incl: Bank Holidays)
- Free structured and supported 12-week induction to get you off to a flying start!
- Personal online Learning and Development portal
- Opportunity to gain sector specific qualifications and to join our Leadership and Management Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
- Discounts platform for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
- Pension – we contribute to your retirement fund
- Recognition and Reward Schemes including Long Service, Employee of the Month and Outstanding Achievement Awards
Or maybe it’s receiving the biggest smile from the person you support when they achieve a goal they never thought possible, and a heartfelt letter of thanks from their loved ones!
*Subject to current Terms & Conditions
Your new employer
Achieve together – Ordinary Lives, Extraordinary People
Our growing organisation has over 25 years of expertise, and our team of expert practitioners are proud to deliver high-quality support across England and Wales. We offer the support and stability of a successful organisation with the homely family feel in each setting which is underpinned by our values:
Being Brave…we are resourceful, open-minded & creative
Having Fun…we are present, engaged and communicate and connect
Making things happen…we are reliable, trustworthy and take ownership
Valuing everyone…we are good with people and emotionally intelligent
We are committed to supporting our team members and take every precaution to ensure robust infection control procedures are followed and that they decrease the risk of Covid-19 transmission. Once a Support Worker you will be provided with full PPE, inclusive of hand sanitiser, masks, gloves, apron and shoe covers (where appropriate) and all the appropriate training to keep you and those around you safe.
As a Support Worker, you will hold “Keyworker” status: and will be permitted to book your vaccination through the national booking service on presentation of an offer letter or contract of employment.
Does this sound like the career for you? If so, apply now and start your journey with us.
We at Achieve Together treat everyone equally with dignity and respect. We believe in the strength and value of an inclusive and diverse workforce and recognise the positive contribution all employees bring regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
We value the unique talents of every individual and work together to help everyone achieve their full potential by providing equality of opportunity to our team members, welcoming applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.