EVP Global Functions
A Snapshot of Your Day
You are part of a highly motivated project team and as the Technical Project Manager you contribute significantly to the successful project execution of our business unit. You master interesting technical challenges, coordinate the international project team and work closely with the project director. You will help to fulfill the technical requirements and find the best solution for our external customers. Across all project phases, from supporting the bid managers to handing over the project to the customer, you will work with our customers and consortium partners on global offshore Grid Access projects in HVDC technology and together shape the energy transition’s path to greater sustainability.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Full responsibility for managing the technical solution for large EPC Projects in offshore Grid Access Business (cost, time, functionality, customer satisfaction) comprising of packages ranging from HVDC and HV equipment, machinery equipment to civil, offshore and installation packages of the converter stations throughout all the phases from design, construction, manufacturing, installation to commissioning
- Managing customer expectations and requirements with respect to functionality and overall quality of the provided solution
- Responsibility for risk, opportunity, and issue management by devising suitable strategies for risk mitigation
- Negotiating and managing contracts with consortium partners, suppliers, partners, and customers (incl. change requests, contract and claim management)
- Handling all Project Excellence@Siemens Energy relevant planning elements and milestone work results, including supporting in setting up and maintaining the Project Management Plan
- Ensuring efficient communication with all relevant stakeholders as well as targeted and full communication within the project team and supporting the framework to ensure regular checks of the compliance in the project
What You Bring
- University degree in engineering or equivalent
- Long-term working experience in the field of engineering and project management preferable in the energy sector. Offshore experience is an additional plus
- Strong understanding and background of power transmission projects as well as ideally PM-Certification
- Solid experience of technical management of international teams incl. team motivation
- Good knowledge of economics in project business and expert knowledge of Health and Safety and know-how in compliance regulations
- Fluent in English and German and keen to travel globally
- Motivated team player with an organized work style and a pro-active personality with positive interpersonal communication & conflict resolution skills
About the Team
The Project Entity team is responsible for world class execution and the successful delivery of complex projects across all Business Areas within Siemens Energy. We create and make use of synergies and high qualified competences across all Business Areas to deliver projects as One Siemens Energy. With a strong focus on digitalization and productivity we deliver projects on time and in budget while driving project excellence standards, best practices and lessons learned across the organization.
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy? Take a look: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.