A Snapshot of Your Day
This position will manage the tender processes for the Flexible AC Transmission (FACTS) projects related to Grid Solutions.
To undertake the role of Tender Project Manager (f/m/d), you will manage the Tender Preparation process for assigned proposals to secure quality orders for projects within global markets.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Providing advice and support to tender preparation and project management during the bid preparation of customer contracts, consortium agreements, and sub-contracts to protect Siemens Energy’s rights and entitlements.
- Supporting bid and project management in contractual and commercial matters, e.g. supporting the contract negotiation processes and reviewing and drafting relevant clauses, preparing templates, and reviewing project performance in execution to bring continuous improvement actions to bid phase
- Identifying all relevant technical, commercial, and contractual aspects for supporting the set-up of project-specific change order and claim strategies
- Contribute to pursuing and implementing specific continuous improvement measures, especially by collecting of and advising on relevant project records, documentation, and all relevant facts during execution
- Supporting settlement negotiations with the customers, contract partners and suppliers
- Collaborating with legal teams by providing support in substantiating relevant facts for claiming quantum, extension of time, and establishing factual defenses in arbitration proceedings
- Supervising/performing quantum or execution revision and analyses in view of establishing causation for relevant events impacting the project cost, schedule and/or the scope of work
What You Bring
- Academic graduation in technical field, business administration and law or quantity surveying background with appropriate academic or professional qualifications
- Experience in contract management, including analyzing and drafting contracts, alternatively legal or commercial academic background with experience in large scale projects
- Very familiar with contract terms and conditions of international EPC and construction contracts (including, e.g. FIDIC, Orgalime, NEC, MF1)
- Ability to collaborate with the project-, site- and other legal teams.
- Experience in working within internationally staffed teams and contractual partners and ability to travel nationally/internationally.
- Being able to negotiate proficient in English. German or other language skills are welcome.
About the Team
- Competitive “will win” and readiness to introduce innovative ideas
- Proactive and self-starter approach to all work
- Bring a professional attitude combined with appropriate behavior, respect & dignity
- Demonstrate a commitment and aptitude towards team working at all times
- Excellent communication skills & positive “can do” attitude
- The ability to make independent decisions and recommendations to management
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Check out this video to learn more about our Grid Technologies business http://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.