Transformation of Industry
A Snapshot of Your Day
Siemens Energy is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Terminal Management System (TMS) Sr. Engineer to join our team. As a TMS Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for the planning, design, installation, administration, operation, and support of high-available IT infrastructures with corresponding databases and backup systems. You will play a crucial role in the design and development of IT solutions for TMS projects in the Oil & Gas industry, working as part of an international team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work on global projects, travel internationally, and contribute to the advancement of the energy sector.
How you’ll make an impact?
• Plan, design, install, administer, operate, and support high-available IT infrastructures with corresponding databases and backup systems.
• Leading of the engineering project team, overall responsibility for the complete TMS solution and integration
• Independently design and develop IT solutions for Terminal Management Systems.
• Work as part of an international team for TMS projects, acting as an engineer.
• Commission and support worldwide TMS projects.
• Define working packages and estimate effort required to fulfill customer requirements.
• Write, execute, and document manual test cases and detailed test reports, and provide descriptions of potential improvements or required modifications.
• Develop reporting procedures, drive cost savings, and continuously simplify processes by focusing on digitalization.
• The TMS (v2 and v3) is a critical component of Siemens Energy’s SITERMINAL Solution, which is a flexible and comprehensive solution for Tank Farms and Terminals. The TMS interacts with DCS Systems, field devices (pumps, meters, loading computers), and ERP Systems for seamless data exchange.
What you bring?
• University degree in Engineering or Information Technology-related field, preferably with a focus on information management solutions.
• Experienced IT professional with expertise in Windows Server Systems, active directory, architecture and administration of networks, network management, and VMWare virtualization.
• Strong knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL Database installation, administration, and development.
• Proficiency in Oracle Forms & Reports.
• Basic understanding of Cyber Security requirements.
• Familiarity with communication protocols such as Modbus, OPC, and serial communication (e.g., RS485).
• Experience in architecture, design, and development of IT solutions in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Good knowledge of PCS 7.
• Experience working with agile and scrum methodologies.
• Familiarity with development tools such as Azure DevOps and Visual Studio.
• Willingness to travel worldwide for meetings, testing, and commissioning.
• Fluent spoken and written English language skills.
• TMS Engineers are expected to possess extensive IT skills, including Windows Domain Administration, Virtualization (VMware), Network Administration, Database (MS SQL) expertise, and Development experience (Web, C++, C#).
About the Team
We are a highly motivated team that takes pride in its work and is known for delivery results. Within our growth and development program, we nurture our competencies by providing continuous career coaching, trainings, and mentoring, all whilst working with senior management on high-profile engagements around the world.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, authentic, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.